Gloss black post again

Keaney

VIP Member
T6 Guru
hoping to start making progress on the van next year and want to know for those who have done the gloss black on the front bumper if they took the bumper off and separated the parts or did they spray them on the vehicle?

Im thinking it will be a better job separated and already have the new drl surrounds to do so just need the middle, grill and bottom around the fogs

i haven't done it yet but yes you need to take it apart as there is much prep' work needed

I removed all the parts i have had painted (lower grill/mirrors etc) took them to my paint guy then refitted them all nice and shinny :thumbsup:

Here's all mine before they were painted recently. It's a pretty time consuming job stripping the front down, because the front bumper needs to be removed to get the front grill off.
I mentioned in another thread that if you have a darker coloured T6, then it's well worth painting the rads once the front it stripped. It's not a difficult job, and we used satin Black.
It makes a big difference.

bodyshop2.jpg

Here's all mine before they were painted recently. It's a pretty time consuming job stripping the front down, because the front bumper needs to be removed to get the front grill off.
I mentioned in another thread that if you have a darker coloured T6, then it's well worth painting the rads once the front it stripped. It's not a difficult job, and we used satin Black.
It makes a big difference.

View attachment 16575
Nice you went the whole hog there!

I’m getting wing mirrors in carbon but didn’t consider doing the base plates gloss black.

Looks like I’m gonna have to spend sometime driving the car to work haha

By Carbon, do you mean the covers that are available @Keaney ?
No as in a set of new primed wing mirrors that will have a carbon and epoxy skin in a different carbon weave that will match some other items getting the same treatment
No dipping or wrapping as I’m not keen on the finish. Also plan to get some interior bits done when it’s gets to that stage

Back