Gillside Camping Trip

DaveBos

Engineering Surveyor
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just a couple of photos of my little trip to Glenridding this week.

IMG_0433.JPG

The kitchen.

IMG_0435.JPG

Some rare blue sky!!!!

IMG_0462.JPG

Making a brew, T6 Forum mug obviously.

IMG_0438.JPG

Love that camp site - we only found it a couple of months back but we will return there before too long - much better when the sun shines though!! :)

We had heavy rain/sunshine on and off for four days, typical mountain weather that changed dramatically in five minutes.

A family turned up last night with two young kids, the weather was pretty good when they arrived, they pitched two tents in a low spot. Anyway, we had heavy rain last night and in the morning their tent was in 6inches of water, they pulled the tent down and chucked it into the bin along with there sleeping mats and sleeping bags and then left.

We had heavy rain/sunshine on and off for four days, typical mountain weather that changed dramatically in five minutes.

A family turned up last night with two young kids, the weather was pretty good when they arrived, they pitched two tents in a low spot. Anyway, we had heavy rain last night and in the morning their tent was in 6inches of water, they pulled the tent down and chucked it into the bin along with there sleeping mats and sleeping bags and then left.
Oooops - schoolboy error - guess they wont be camping again lol. We've pitched in what has become a puddle before but never quite that bad.

Great to see the Forum mug taking centre stage in the most important picture, amongst all those others with some odd bit of landscaping in the background.

Great to see the Forum mug taking centre stage in the most important picture, amongst all those others with some odd bit of landscaping in the background.
I quite like the look of the MSR Dragonfly next to the mug - not sure I'd use in the back of the van though lol

Man, you guys have eyes like hawks.

Safe as houses using the stove in the back of the van. I have it sat on the old 1970's fire retardant curtains I inherited when I moved into my house.

Spot a meal a mile off ;)
Oh yes! Never pass by food, you never know when you are going to get your next meal. Well that's my philosophy, never know when you are going to get called out, or how long you are going to be deployed for.

I'll post you my remaining pack of the finest sausages you can buy, only managed to get through two packs, unfortunately a few days out of date now, but kept kept thoroughly cool during the week.

Back