Gas ring that will store under the caravelle bench seat ….?

dhardyuk

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi everybody

I currently have the standard pressed steel all in one gas ring with a can in it that came in a little plastic briefcase. The same one you see being used with the majority of slidepod style boxes behind the back seat.

We are slowly converting our Caravelle into a day van then camper and the wife (SWMBO) is keen that everything we keep in the van before we get a pod is tucked away nicely. I’ve bought a couple of ikea Samla boxes that go under the seat and am now looking for a compact, stable gas ring we can use with the kettle that will also fit under the seat. The one we have is just slightly too big.

We travel everywhere with a tea kit of a flask of cold water, powdered milk, coffee and teabags so the gas ring is ever present and needs stowing!

Is there a good value for money option or should I just poke her in the eye and run for cover?

I knew I shouldn't have posted from my phone.

We have one of these Le Creuset Zen kettles 1652977534483.png (not from new, that's just profligate) And a stove like this .1652977456720.png

I want something that folds out to make a large stable base and can hold the kettle without it being a tipping risk. Currently boil the kettle on the floor in the back of the van with the tailgate up.

The Jetboil is too expensive for me (saving for a Reimo roof) but something more like this:
would work if its not sloppily built.

I have a bumper box full of winter mix gas I bought in both the 'weed burner' size screw on cans and the single burner size notched cans so I'm also having a look at those dodgy looking aluminium gender bending adapters to convert notchies to screw fitting.

Before anyone asks, SWMBO loves the kettle so that's staying :p

I'll order something over the weekend and report back

If you use this type of kettle it traps the heat in the base….Quicker boil time :)

F5FFAC3C-7900-4A79-9138-358CA24E2D87.jpeg
ps…sorry no whistle

Back