Fuel pipe popped off

Longs11

Any advise? I filled up drove off the forecourt the van stalled. Noticed fuel spitting out from underneath when trying to restart. Fuel pipe had come off underneath only splurged out fuel on turning over the engine. Not constantly spitting out fuel. I got help putting the pipe back on a a few tie wraps were added to secure. Is this a big problem or do I need a new pipe. Just bought the van 2 weeks previously. Taking it back but would like to be prepared. Thanks

got any pics of the pipe and location?

has it recently had seats or bed installed in the back? reason I ask is that to both them in the fuel tank would likely have needed to be dropped and might not have been reconnected properly?

Hopefully you get it sorted

Are the tie wraps your temp repair or already there?

The pipes look similar to those on the fuel filter, which are push, pinch and pull to remove and should push on with a nice click when they are home.

Are the tie wraps your temp repair or already there?

The pipes look similar to those on the fuel filter, which are push, pinch and pull to remove and should push on with a nice click when they are home.
No I put the tie wraps there as I was worried about it popping off again on the our journey. I’ll get the garage to make sure it clicks in on Tuesday

has it recently had seats or bed installed in the back? reason I ask is that to both them in the fuel tank would likely have needed to be dropped and might not have been reconnected properly?

Hopefully you get it sorted
Yes it’s just been converted with a bed night heater etc but I’ve driven about 1000 miles before this happened. I’ll have it checked out and Hopefully it won’t happen again.

Yes it’s just been converted with a bed night heater etc but I’ve driven about 1000 miles before this happened. I’ll have it checked out and Hopefully it won’t happen again.
Ah, there's the smoking gun! On the face of it, it seemed a very strange failure, as these fuel line connectors simply do not fail for no reason.
So they either broke it, or didn't click it in properly.

Glad you got it all sorted! Sounds like one of the cheaper fixes, got to take those when they come!:slow rofl:

Back