Fuel Hoses Recall

T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Letter from VW yesterday saying that there is a recall for a possible faulty fuel hose (leak) on some vans, mine included.

Has anyone else received the same recall for their van?

Could explain the rapid movement of the fuel gauge - although I suspect that this is more likely due to the poor economy of the Euro 6 engine!...

Great, I missed that one! I wonder why my letter has only just arrived?...

Will get it done when it's in for it's first service at the end of the month!

Apparently there is also a separate recall for anti-chaffing?!... not sure what that relates to??...

Mine is booked in for next Week.

Was last week but VW ran out of Hoses!

I got a letter yesterday about the fuel hoses too, but interestingly my VIN does not fall within the range quoted on the DVSA Screen shot kindly posted by Loz previously. Not sure what to read into that!

It's always possible they have extended the recall to other models since the original post was made. As more and more vans go back for their first and second service it will start building a bigger picture of part reliability.

Apparently there is also a separate recall for anti-chaffing?!... not sure what that relates to??...
That one is to add extra lining to your trouser pockets, plus a complimentary tub of (cyclist) “chamois” cream. It’s to stop the chaffing as your wallet keeps going in and out of your pocket. Apparently it is only relevant for vans belonging to T6F members.;)

Back