Folding seat bracket

Good afternoon,

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the Vankraft folding bracket and one from a VW dealership?

Many thanks.
Dan

Good afternoon,

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the Vankraft folding bracket and one from a VW dealership?

Many thanks.
Dan
I think the folding is similar with both, but the backrest angle in the seating position can be specified to be different to the VW one.

Pictured, VW one. :thumbsup:

A4ECE44C-7E57-4CF1-8D9B-FC3F3C856DB0.jpeg

Last edited:
But Vankraft is the VW one just modified to tweak the angle of the seat back

Oh yeah mate they are brilliant especially if you cut the board for the back of the seat

I’ve just fitted my Vankraft bracket. Can I ask what sort of material you used for the board? And how did you go about cutting it?

I’ll have no trouble drawing it out from the Vankraft instructions, but wondering how to best cut it and what sort of ply.

Edit: ok. Feeling a bit foolish. Just found this on the Vankraft website. Nevertheless, interested in what you did!

“If you get a piece of 3mm MDF cut to size at your local hardware, then just trim around with a jigsaw according to the dimensions on drawing.”

Last edited:
I went for 8 mm ply so it was stronger and I mounted it directly to the seat frame as I wanted it to not be supported but the seat cover

And that's the difference between an engineer and an idiot. I just used a bit of hardboard (can't remember the thickness), cut it with a jigsaw, sanded the edges and slid it into place. Seems to do the job though (so far, at least!).

And that's the difference between an engineer and an idiot. I just used a bit of hardboard (can't remember the thickness), cut it with a jigsaw, sanded the edges and slid it into place. Seems to do the job though (so far, at least!).
I only done it like that so my son can stand on it to get into the roof

I’ve got pleather lol but once I’d bonded the ply I went round it with gaffa tape not had any issues as of yet
Yea, I’ve got the pleather, too. Would you be willing to share a pic of your setup?

I would buy my seat cover clip strip is more than a bit fragile so don’t really want to open it again, I took all my cover off and foam and rough cut my board, clamped it to seat and drew road it, cut it out and the seat belt cut out, primed the seat frame with windscreen primer and bonded and clamped it, i think it makes for a much sturdier job

Back