Fitting vw / audi seats and swivels- any recommendations or tips

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, I've just fitted a pair of seat cupra seats, same as vw golf bases and am after advice regarding swivels. Has anyone done this and got any advice or tips? Thanks in advance :)

Are you saying the seat cupra seats fit in the existing VW bases without modifications? If so then you should be able to use any swivel since the dimensions will be the same.

I’m happy with my sportscraft swivel. Keep in mind that adding a swivel can require lowering the handbrake lever mount if you’re looking to make the drivers seat swivel. Also a swivel will typically raise the seat base height about 30-35mm which can change the seating position if you’re used to being on the lowest setting. Do your new seats have height adjustment?

Any pictures? Sounds interesting.

Worth also mentioning that swivels differ in quality as well. Some can rock more than others as you’re going from four mount points at the corners to a spinning central mount. Sportscraft swivels have nylon rollers to help balance this out but I don’t think anything is perfect compared to the original corner mounting.

Thanks for the reply, sorry I meant the same as vw golf / audi ones. I have a rib swivel on my drivers side but due to the wider seat rails it will not clear the b pillar trims. I have seen vans with audi rs5 seats in and swivelled around but goodness knows how!

Ah I see. I guess it all depends on the rail width. This video refers to Audi seats (not sure which model) but suggests the rail width is narrower and explains how to build an interface. Might be much trickier if the rails are wider.

Nice one, my passenger seat has a kiravans one with a safe built in so is slightly lover than a standard base with a swivel fitted. It almost clears the b pillar so with a slight height increase it should be OK, it's just the drivers which I can't see clearing at all. I'll add some pics soon as the seats are very comfy

Back