Fitting Bumper Drls - T6 Forum Shop

Phil Harris

T6 Guru
hi, looking to fit the shops DRL I’ve been told I need extra brackets as I have parking sensors? Any able to clarify?

Thanks in advance
Phil

Unfortunately VW only do one variation of the DRL kit and these do not include parking sensor cutouts so after purchase you will need make the hole in the new grilles and swap your existing parking sensor/sensor bracket over to the new panels
New mounts are available which come with adhesive pre applied ready to peel and stick but its around £20 for a new pair

Unfortunately VW only do one variation of the DRL kit and these do not include parking sensor cutouts so after purchase you will need make the hole in the new grilles and swap your existing parking sensor/sensor bracket over to the new panels
New mounts are available which come with adhesive pre applied ready to peel and stick but its around £20 for a new pair
Thanks Pauly can you supply brackets with the lights?

Yes i can, dont keep them in stock so would add a couple days to the order ?

Are the DRL's Plug and Play? As in, is there a plug behind the bumper that you simply plug into, or do they need wiring?

Are the DRL's Plug and Play? As in, is there a plug behind the bumper that you simply plug into, or do they need wiring?
They come with all the wiring but you have to join two wires into the back of the headlight plug to pick up the positive feeds

vw have told me i cant fit these as i have led headlights is this right ? im sure i have seen them on ones with led headlights

They work fine with LED headlights have done a few sets and no issues, it does say on the paperwork not for LEDs but not sure the reasoning behind it ??

Back