First Van, first post

Hi, I just bought a Caravelle 2.0TDI ( 150PS ) SWB 2016 SE 7 seater as we just had our third child. Picking it up Saturday.

If anyone has any tips about owning a van I would appreciate it.

One day I hope to fill the wheel arches as the standard 16” alloys look way too small but for now I’ll just be figuring out what that entails (need suspension as well?) and how best to go about it.

@Turbotricky ...Welcome....Congratulations on your new arrival...( both van + Baby )... just make sure that what service bits should have been done are up to date....as well as 4 hourly feeds ( baby not van ) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Turbotricky ...Welcome....Congratulations on your new arrival...( both van + Baby )... just make sure that what service bits should have been done are up to date....as well as 4 hourly feeds ( baby not van ) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thank you, sounds like a good place to start! Its an ex-company vehicle, serviced every 10k, with full service history. So fingers crossed no nasty surprises, from the van anyway, the baby is full of them!

Lowered it today, 50mm H&R on Koni dampers.
Looking good!
What made you choose these over the Projekt-Sensitiv?

Congratulations on the birth of your third child. Two more seats to fill in your Caravelle. You may like to consider, purchasing a set of winter or all season tyres, to help keep your family safer for the winter. Perhaps a set of insulated window blinds or front screen cover for when your parked up on your days out. Helps to keep it warm in winter and cool in summer and the front cover will keep the frost off the three front windows over night..

Welcome and congratulations! As someone who enjoyed his “flash” cars pre-children, I wish I had bought a van when my first was born! We are on our second Cali Beach now! Sounds like you got yourself a nice van you can tweak to suit your needs. Well done!

Looking good!
What made you choose these over the Projekt-Sensitiv?
Cheers, I was advised against going down the coilover route, but not having ridden in one I can’t say for certain. I can say the koni dampers feel great, it kinda feels as close to standard ride quality/comfort, with the added extra control of the drop. Looks wise this is how they should come out the factory

Last edited:
Congratulations on the birth of your third child. Two more seats to fill in your Caravelle. You may like to consider, purchasing a set of winter or all season tyres, to help keep your family safer for the winter. Perhaps a set of insulated window blinds or front screen cover for when your parked up on your days out. Helps to keep it warm in winter and cool in summer and the front cover will keep the frost off the three front windows over night..
Hahaha, the last two seats will be reserved for grandparents/friends! I’ve been looking for a set of steels with winter tyres, although missing 4motion, that would have really helped with the rain yesterday! I’ll look into the blinds, thanks

Hahaha, the last two seats will be reserved for grandparents/friends! I’ve been looking for a set of steels with winter tyres, although missing 4motion, that would have really helped with the rain yesterday! I’ll look into the blinds, thanks

Some winter tyres, obviously as you know, are better than others, at performing various functions. That includes shedding water, snow, ice in the dry and so on. There are many revues, however the tyre sceen is constantly changing. One years best, top quality tyre, may be another years also ran and then with an update, becomes the winter favourite again. To achieve the best value and function it may be an idea to keep abreast of what is going on in the tyre reviews.

and so on. Enjoy your new venture. I hope that your wife is making a fuss of you. They have no idea what child birth is like for us Dads!
:cry::speechless::slow rofl::smile bounce:

Back