Fiamma Or Thule Roll Out Awning. Which One Is Best.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
As the title suggests.

We are looking to get a roll out awning and narrowed it down to the Fiamma or the Thule.

Can you please tell me which one you think is best and why.

TIA

Mfwic

Fiamma.. because I have one! (If your after a cash deal PM me I have a contact that can offer this).
IMO, I don't think there is a great deal of difference? How did you get on at the show?. No ideas from there?.

No idea about Thule.
I’m happy with my Fiamma. Very easy to roll out/in. It doesn’t rattle when driving (very simple fix- now that I’ve worked out where to place two small pieces of foam in the housing to hold the legs - happy to share)

You can put the forward leg high enough to clear the passenger door and have good drain off.

The rubber infill strip between van and awning was a must for us when BBQing in the rain water was falling down the gap, so price it in and get it fitted at the same time. It’s not hard to retro fit if you are half handy with DIY.

Fiamma.. because I have one! (If your after a cash deal PM me I have a contact that can offer this).
IMO, I don't think there is a great deal of difference? How did you get on at the show?. No ideas from there?.

We looked at both at the show. Spoke to a couple of converters as apposed to manufactures, and the general consensus was Thule was slightly better. A few claimed that the Fiamma rattles when driving?

There's very little in price but I'm swaying more to Thule as its a brand I've used in the past and always been top quality.

No idea about Thule.
The rubber infill strip between van and awning was a must for us when BBQing in the rain water was falling down the gap, so price it in and get it fitted at the same time. It’s not hard to retro fit if you are half handy with DIY.

Definitely going to get the rubber infills. Going to have a remo rail on both sides as mines a twin slider and think it will balance the look better.
I plan on taking it off when not using it and the Thule seems easy to remove and put back on so the option to have it either side is also a plus for me.

Back