Fault finding.

AussieMick

T6 Guru
I read all the posts about faults with our vans as my working background was electrical and mechanical breakdowns and I find them interesting.

One reoccurring thing I have noticed is when people post often the solution was a fuse or plug in the wrong position after repair or checking.

Taking a picture with your phone before you touch anything can save hours of headaches trying to see why your van no longer works properly.

Electrical problems can be tricky but many seem to be down to a flattish battery. A battery at 11.9 to 12v is not a charged battery and will need to be put on a smart charger until charger says it fully charged. This may take 12 to 24 hours depending on battery condition and charger.
If possible keep your batteries charged regularly and don't let them go flat as it will shorten their life.
Many problems with fridges etc in campervans turn out to be battery related as the battery has been allowed to go flat too often and now will not hold a useful charge even after charging.

I realize that many people on here know all of this but it may help someone and if you post with a problem its great when you find the solution to post it so we can all learn from it.

Back