Fabric seat cleaning

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
So it's taken us almost a year to order seat covers thanks to VW being very slow releasing them.
In that time we had a bit of a nightmare with some custom made covers and I learned my lesson - stick to OEM if at all possible.

Anyway our light grey seats did get a few marks on the bases on our big Euro trip last year - nothing major, just a few 10p (or smaller) sized ones. I tried one carpet/interior cleaner (Autobrite I think - purple stuff) with very little luck.

So I've ordered this stuff;
I2 Tri-Clean | Usa.gtechniq.com

Anyone tried it or have any tips for fabric seat cleaning?

I'm good with leather - no problems restoring it and looking after it but not really had many fabric seat cars. The old Cali had covers from new so never got marked.
Also fine with carpets and plastics.
And glass.
And rubber.
And paint.

Have you thought about getting the Cali retrimed in leather?

Not sure it's appropriate for a camper - the cars are both leather and I like it but it gets too hot when it's hot, too cold when it's not. Fabric is a bit cosier.
I'd also rather eat meals on a properly covered seat than a leather one. Plus it would be non OEM and therefore illegal in my book.

Just used it on some discoloured carpet (message to VW - light grey is NOT a good colour for the interior of a camper...) and it worked very well on this too.
This product is now on my "essential" list.

Brilliant stuff.

If it's a nice day tomorrow, considering popping the seats out and using the vax to clean them.

Back