Electric Sliding Doors Question

mjn

T6 Guru
How do you close the side doors when sat in the rear of the vehicle? Is there a button on the b pillar or do you just start to pull the door?
This relates to factory fit doors.

You just give the door internal handle a gentle pull and it will start the door closing

Reactions: mjn
Would anyone who has electric sliding doors and tailgate order it again?

The reason I ask is does the beep annoy you and do you find them slow to open and close compared to the more traditional way of slamming them shut!!

I have an option on a van with electric sliding doors and tailgate but not sure I can deal with the beeping when they close and my understanding from reading threads on here is that the beep can't be switched off - is that correct??

Also, I've just read somewhere that you can switch the electric door back to manual - is this true?

So if you're camping and using the doors a lot you don't run the battery down and late at night don't have to worry about waking other campers up with the door beeping!!

Hi Gmaker,

My previous T5.1 Caravelle had elec sliding doors and I personally found them a bit annoying, they were often quite sensitive and would jump back open as if they had detected something in the way. We were lucky to find our used T6 Caravelle exec had been de specced to have manual doors which I prefer as there is very little to go wrong and they are no hassle to close manually.

I have both the electric Tailgate and sliding doors. Love them! The sliders beep on closing, you could easily disconnect the sounder it's in the Tailgate. The Tailgate only beeps when opening off the key fob.

I need to get my Tailgate coded to close on the key fob too. At the moment it's only the button on the door itself which closes it.

I wouldn't be without either now.

I have both the electric Tailgate and sliding doors. Love them! The sliders beep on closing, you could easily disconnect the sounder it's in the Tailgate. The Tailgate only beeps when opening off the key fob.

I need to get my Tailgate coded to close on the key fob too. At the moment it's only the button on the door itself which closes it.

I wouldn't be without either now.

Can you confirm if there is a switch to turn the electric feature off and use the doors manually?

There is a button on the dash to turn the electric sliders off. They are heavy to operate though.

Gmaster to Gmaker - I have electric twin sliding doors and would definitely order them again (I've had both manual and electric). The beeping on closure is a bit annoying, but I'm sure there must be a way of stopping that. They also close when you're driving away (up to about 5MPH) allowing for a slight A-Team / Bank Robber feel to the whole door closure experience. The pro's definitely outweigh the con's as the only real con is the noise.

In terms of the tailgate, I didn't spec' it because I was worried that I would push the button only to find there was a bollard or a wall behind the tailgate leading to damage!! I do have the soft close option on the tailgate, which helps prevent the annoying issue of it not closing properly due to air pressure.

Definitely would order the Electric tail gate again just annoying that it does not come with a switch to open it from the inside but that’s been sorted with the addition of an OEM switch grafted into the circuit.
Electric sliders are good but do seem a little slow, you should have the option of 2 different speeds.
The ugly boxes for the motors and the beeping is annoying but that’s also been solved with the addition of panelling and lining so now happy, would I order them again, ummm not sure

Back