Electric folding mirror

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Not folding on the drivers side; it's fine on the left/passenger side.
Before I take it in, there isn't some special setting that only does one mirror is there?!

Everything else works fine; mirror glass moves, heater seems to work.

Oh thats a new one @Polzeylad , good trick but i think you have a fault there my man. Gentle tap maybe , see if its stuck on something?.........off to vw me thinks.

@steveph had to mod. his to do that :)

:) By coincidence I had the same today but on the passenger side! But that was because I had the door card off and was pulling speaker wires through ;) Loose connection it seems and all sorted now....
Sounds like a VW job, sorry :(

I've had the same but on both mirrors when trying to get them to unfold. I've found that spinning the control back to fold, wait a few seconds and then on to any of the other settings sorts it out, and down they come.

I have the same issue on the passenger side and I am booked in on the 22nd to get it looked at along witht he DAB as the radio constantly cuts out in areas where it never used too. I know the DAB is usually in the mirror so I hope and think they are connected isses. Cables jamming or somethign of the sort ide expect.
Trip 5 of 60 mile round trip to the dealer . They better put some fuel in this time or there will be words.

So on the mirrors, I checked the van in and had a grumble about the 5th time I've had to do a 90 mile round trip for faults that should not be.... they put £20 quid of fuel in and then drove the van too me .... shook my head in despair when they arrived with the van and told me what they had done for me... it likely cost them near £20 for that day alone.. never mind. On the faults it was a case of COMPUTER SAYS NO... yep no faults and yet the mirror still rumbles up and down. Oh and sticks a day after they drop the van to me..

Just found this thread as I have the same intermittent problem with passenger side not folding down. It usually clears by moving the knob back to fold and the back again, but not always. Van is a year old so does not fold on key fob. Was hoping to find someone who'd had it 'fixed' but looking at messages that does not appear to be the case. Any updates from those who had the problem before me? Thanks

@Tellmewhatsnew I had the wing mirror unit replaced by VW along witht he internal areal and it has not faulted again.. Fingers crossed. However to get the m to replace it was a terrible time of driving 100mile round trips to my dealer and probably spent as much in fuel as It would have been for a new wing mirror unit. I had to go through the resetting and calibration of the internals.. which endless never worked. and when they did swap out my signal on the radio improved but they fitted it wrong. so if you need a run down let me know but go to your dealer and I will happily call them for you to advise.

Back