1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric folding mirror

Discussion in 'Vehicle Faults Warranty Repairs Issues & Problems' started by Polzeylad, 21 Dec 2016.

1. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

Not folding on the drivers side; it's fine on the left/passenger side.
    Before I take it in, there isn't some special setting that only does one mirror is there?!

Everything else works fine; mirror glass moves, heater seems to work.

2. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi Highline Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Oh thats a new one @Polzeylad , good trick but i think you have a fault there my man. Gentle tap maybe , see if its stuck on something?.........off to vw me thinks.

@steveph had to mod. his to do that :)

3. steveph

steveph Member VIP Member T6 Pro

:) By coincidence I had the same today but on the passenger side! But that was because I had the door card off and was pulling speaker wires through ;) Loose connection it seems and all sorted now....
    Sounds like a VW job, sorry :(

4. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

A firm shove/twist as I turned the dial to "fold" and it was sorted. Must have got stuck somehow; weird! A relief though. Phew!

steveph and StudleyGlass like this.
  5. TransporterTim

TransporterTim Member

Map
    I've had the same issue a few times flicked it back to fold and back again and works fine then

Polzeylad likes this.
  6. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I've had the same but on both mirrors when trying to get them to unfold. I've found that spinning the control back to fold, wait a few seconds and then on to any of the other settings sorts it out, and down they come.

Polzeylad likes this.
  7. Mupp3tt

Mupp3tt Member VIP Member

I have the same issue on the passenger side and I am booked in on the 22nd to get it looked at along witht he DAB as the radio constantly cuts out in areas where it never used too. I know the DAB is usually in the mirror so I hope and think they are connected isses. Cables jamming or somethign of the sort ide expect.
    Trip 5 of 60 mile round trip to the dealer . They better put some fuel in this time or there will be words.

8. Mupp3tt

Mupp3tt Member VIP Member

So on the mirrors, I checked the van in and had a grumble about the 5th time I've had to do a 90 mile round trip for faults that should not be.... they put £20 quid of fuel in and then drove the van too me .... shook my head in despair when they arrived with the van and told me what they had done for me... it likely cost them near £20 for that day alone.. never mind. On the faults it was a case of COMPUTER SAYS NO... yep no faults and yet the mirror still rumbles up and down. Oh and sticks a day after they drop the van to me..