1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric folding mirror

Discussion in 'Vehicle Faults Warranty Repairs Issues & Problems' started by Polzeylad, 21 Dec 2016.

1. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

Not folding on the drivers side; it's fine on the left/passenger side.
    Before I take it in, there isn't some special setting that only does one mirror is there?!

Everything else works fine; mirror glass moves, heater seems to work.

2. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Oh thats a new one @Polzeylad , good trick but i think you have a fault there my man. Gentle tap maybe , see if its stuck on something?.........off to vw me thinks.

@steveph had to mod. his to do that :)

3. steveph

steveph Member VIP Member

:) By coincidence I had the same today but on the passenger side! But that was because I had the door card off and was pulling speaker wires through ;) Loose connection it seems and all sorted now....
    Sounds like a VW job, sorry :(

4. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

A firm shove/twist as I turned the dial to "fold" and it was sorted. Must have got stuck somehow; weird! A relief though. Phew!

steveph and StudleyGlass like this.
  5. TransporterTim

TransporterTim Member

Map
    I've had the same issue a few times flicked it back to fold and back again and works fine then

Polzeylad likes this.
  6. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I've had the same but on both mirrors when trying to get them to unfold. I've found that spinning the control back to fold, wait a few seconds and then on to any of the other settings sorts it out, and down they come.

Polzeylad likes this.