Egr P0401/egr delete

Edmo1

Hi. Few weeks back engine check
Light came on. Can't remember code but led me to check coolent which was low so topped up. Couple of days ago engine light back on. Did not have scanner to hand but noticed coolent low again. Decided to use kseal in hope this would sort leak. Scanned the code and found P0401. I removed front egr pipe and notice it's sooted up. Thinking cooler may have cracked hence coolent dropping and unit clogging up. So thinking of a delete. If crack not sealed in the cooler does this mean I can't delete as I will forever have a coolent leak and therefore need to replace it? Will kseal have likely fixed that leak?
Running a 2017 204bhp. Had a performance remap about a year ago which I am thinking may not of helped the situation.

F31FB4EB-7747-4279-B888-6C168799D8E5.jpeg

Following, because I'm in the same boat
I have had my egr blanked and deleted without any problem,. best thing I've done, van runs much smoother now and better milage.
Make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to do the software update and you'll have no problems.

I have had the same problem with my t6 2018 204

I really interested in getting the EGR removed and mapped out but I read about the negative effects on dpf

I’m in lancashire area but willing to travel not sure where is best to take the van for removal and remap

Back