DSG fault (possible solenoid?)

lune1178

VIP Member
Hopeful for some advice on a DSG issue. Started out with a couple of small dodgy shifts when slowing for a roundabout and then picking up again. It was like gear didn’t engage and revs jumped without drive and then a thump when it engaged.
A few days back whilst driving the box had a repeat of above, the difference being it stuck to only shifting into even gears and a spanner symbol flicking in gear selection display. Nipped around to see mechanic buddy and he ran a scan which returned - P176C00 - Gear Selector 3 Cannot be Regulated.

Ffwd to a super helpful conversation with @Dav-Tec and a suggestion that this sounded like a mechatronic solenoid.
Are there any other experiences with this repair and if so any guidance I could point my mechanic at?
Also, any recommendations on which repair kit to purchase?

2017 T6 DSG BiTDI 204

Cheers in advance

My mechanic has agreed to take a look at this for me and tackle replacing the DSG solenoid.
I have to sort the parts, anyone any ideas where best place is to buy them from?
Given the particular error about gear selector 3 I’m guessing it’s maybe solenoid N434 that’s the knackered one, or am i barking up the wrong tree…

1702071854123.png

Back