Drivers window going down when trying to close it

denz1968

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Bit of a random problem. I have noticed sometimes if I have had the drivers window open about 2 inches, that when i try to close it, the window goes to the fully open position.
I need to test to see if it happens at different levels of open.

Is this a known issue? Something I have to put up with, or is there a workaround.

Thanks

Mine does a similar thing, I always have mine open an inch, 'cos I like it like that! When I come to close/lock up it's 50/50 wether it goes up or down! Is it something to do with the wind deflectors? There have been occasions when I have left the van with the window down!

Mine does a similar thing, I always have mine open an inch, 'cos I like it like that! When I come to close/lock up it's 50/50 wether it goes up or down! Is it something to do with the wind deflectors? There have been occasions when I have left the van with the window down!
I don’t have deflectors fitted - yet.

When you do get them fitted, leave the window up overnight so that the window seals shape themselves to the new shape. Otherwise you may be back to the same scenario of the windows popping back down
Thanks for the tip

Bit of a random problem. I have noticed sometimes if I have had the drivers window open about 2 inches, that when i try to close it, the window goes to the fully open position.
I need to test to see if it happens at different levels of open.

Is this a known issue? Something I have to put up with, or is there a workaround.

Thanks
I had a similar problem (with a car, not the van), but, unlike your situation, it was consistent in its behaviour. Turned out to be due to the battery having being disconnected for some work and the window positioning needed to be reset?!

Back