Drivelodge pop up roofs - reviews

A few people you could ask directly...
Hi
Sorry for the delay
Yes I went for one [a Drivelodge roof] and would recommend them . I have had some small issues as many others have with other brands but they have been superb in making sure they are sorted and making sure I’m happy with their roof .
Looks awesome too !

My lad has booked his T5 in for an Austops roof in a couple of weeks, we didnt realise they're just around the corner from us!
He just rocked up at their [Drivelodge's] workshop unannounced and they were brilliant, nothing too much trouble, very accommodating.
They demo'd a fitted top that was about to go out, very easy to up & down, very neat, quality job with nice heavy canvas.
And half the price of an SCA! I'll post some photos when its done.
He's so excited, I'm miffed cos we only fitted his solar panel a couple of weeks ago, timing is everything eh ;)
We're going to try the kevlar thread method & see if it can be removed in one piece
crossfingers.gif

Cheers
Phil

Changing the panel from semi rigid to a higher output rigid mounted on a roof rack compatible with my Drivelodge roof

My van came with a Drivelodge pop top roof

Hi @FiForres and thanks @Bav

Yes, I have a Drivelodge pop top which came with the van, so my experience is that of an owner rather than someone who has gone through the installation process.

20220709_205633.jpg
20220709_192138.jpg
20220709_182726.jpg

Positives
Good quality construction
The canvas has withstood some pretty strong winds whilst up.
The scenic canvas is brilliant & makes cooking a pleasure on a sunny day.
There is a high level mesh vent which can be opened and closed to suit the temperature & humidity levels in the van.
The roof & windshield at the front complement the van's styling (obviously this is subjective).
Road noise is not a major issue (but again this is subjective)
Easy to put up & take down
There's room for a permanent mattress when the roof is down
The bed is plenty wide enough for two.
We have a reading light up the pop top (but that might be by the installer rather than Drivelodge)
Drivelodge have confirmed that you can add roof bars although there is obviously a weight restriction.

Cons
The internal trim piece that is attached to the van and is used to secure the roof strap has come loose on one side (this is probably an installation issue rather than the Drivelodge product)
The roof doesn't always come down flush on the drivers side (again, this is probably an installation issue rather than the Drivelodge product)
The roof spans the full width of the van, so when it rains, water can run down the side rather than getting captured in the rainwater channels, this means the occasional drip when getting in & out of the drivers door (passenger side is fine due to our multi rail for the awning channelling the water away)
The deph of roof makes the van over 2m tall when on standard suspension (but I've got it back under 2m by upgrading to ST-X suspension)
Contact from Drivelodge Customer Service has been hit & miss. Sometimes they respond to emails other times they ignore them.

With regards to the installation issues, I am having to resolve these myself as I bought the van privately from Scotland which is also where the installer is located but we live on the south coast so it's not worth driving back to Edinburgh for these minor issues.

I'll be honest and admit that during my research before buying a van, I hadn't heard of the company and would probably have chosen a mainstream brand like Skyline if I was converting myself. But having bought a van already converted with a Drivelodge roof I am very happy with the product.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to add them below and I'll do my best to answer.

I am looking at these now, they seem the be a M1 solid construction frame. I am tempted to get one installed

Back