DPD Local have lost my awning....

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
So having spent ages sourcing and negotiating for a Comfortzleisure awning for my F45s, I though I would invest in a half decent collection and delivery service which I thought DPD Local were. The package was collected from the seller on Friday, with a Next Day service. Tracking shows the collection and then 'on- route' on the 5th......then nothing !!
Contacted various Chambers and online help and the best they can offer is to raise 'an investigation'.

Anyone else had delays or experience with dpdlocal-online.co.uk?

So having spent ages sourcing and negotiating for a Comfortzleisure awning for my F45s, I though I would invest in a half decent collection and delivery service which I thought DPD Local were. The package was collected from the seller on Friday, with a Next Day service. Tracking shows the collection and then 'on- route' on the 5th......then nothing !!
Contacted various Chambers and online help and the best they can offer is to raise 'an investigation'.

Anyone else had delays or experience with dpdlocal-online.co.uk?

Bad experience has given me some extreme opinions. I’ve had a number of things lost in transit. Mostly international stuff, but not always. During the pandemic “held in customs” was generally the excuse and tracking info would just stop, sometimes in the UK. The Post Office let me down badly once when something was tracked into the uk then “delivered”. That turned out to be a bit nasty. The seller and the post office both denied responsibility as it had been "signed for". So, end of...!! With the workforce so depleted it seemed great that volunteers were keeping things moving. However security for valuable goods became almost non existent. I think during the last two years an industry has sprung up with “lost” freight. It’s more than a few tealeafs in the handling dept. Anybody involved with shipping has quickly realised there was a massive loophole in security and it was very easy to “divert” goods without a comeback. Hence Amazon and Paypal etc. now make it very difficult, if not impossible to get any compensation.

Bad experience has given me some extreme opinions. I’ve had a number of things lost in transit. Mostly international stuff, but not always. During the pandemic “held in customs” was generally the excuse and tracking info would just stop, sometimes in the UK. The Post Office let me down badly once when something was tracked into the uk then “delivered”. That turned out to be a bit nasty. The seller and the post office both denied responsibility as it had been "signed for". So, end of...!! With the workforce so depleted it seemed great that volunteers were keeping things moving. However security for valuable goods became almost non existent. I think during the last two years an industry has sprung up with “lost” freight. It’s more than a few tealeafs in the handling dept. Anybody involved with shipping has quickly realised there was a massive loophole in security and it was very easy to “divert” goods without a comeback. Hence Amazon and Paypal etc. now make it very difficult, if not impossible to get any compensation.
My experience of DPD is so poor that I always avoid a purchase if they are the courier, if they turn up with anything I have ordered I refuse the delivery, yes I know I’m cutting off my nose to spite my face but their service is the worst of the worst and there depot is 900yds away but they may as well be on the moon for all the help they are.
Good luck with your delivery.

Hate DPD with a vengeance. How did you pay? You may be able to reclaim payment. I try now always to pay via PayPal - if item fails to show up, I make a claim and to date 100% reclaim paid back. Feel for you, having been there myself.

I am surprised at the comments above, here in Gloucester DPD have always been faultless and it’s Hermes who are awful.

Reactions: Loz
I don't normally have an issue with DPD.

Raise a claim with them and give them the opportunity to be locate your item.

Its not ideal I know, but better to get your thing late than never.

I find all couriers to be as bad as each of other.... But found Hermes (EVRI) to be the worst.

I've been my own worst enemy on the purchase, I'll put my hands up. It was advertised on ebay and the seller (private) had put his mobile number in the ad. I contacted him and we agreed a price. He then took it off ebay and I paid by BACS. I then employed DPDlocal to pick the parcel up and bring it to me, sent the seller the label pdf. He has sent me photos of the package with the label on and DPDlocal have picked it up as its scanned to Aldridge Walsall.

As regards claims, the seller was private although it was collected from his works address, Toolman Yardley in Birmingham.

I think I might be stuffed legally for anything other than minimum compo from DPD

Hopefully it may still turn up mate, a while ago i paid for a sat delivery from a retailer which was put out to DPD, it didn't show up despite being shown as delivered in time on the saturday, it did however turn up mid morning on the next day... maybe the driver still has it in the van?

To clarify, I have no doubt the seller is genuine. He even offered BACS or PayPal. For some reason I opted for BACS. Maybe I was overconfident in DPD. Pretty sure they will only offer me £50 minimum as and when.
Never too old to learn a valuable lesson....

To clarify, I have no doubt the seller is genuine. He even offered BACS or PayPal. For some reason I opted for BACS. Maybe I was overconfident in DPD. Pretty sure they will only offer me £50 minimum as and when.
Never too old to learn a valuable lesson....
Where I live DPD are on the ball normally we get a 1 hour slot that's generally spot on the only times we've had trouble was with a subbie driver and he always delivered the next day even if it said it had been delivered the correct day
And as late as 9 at night
Have faith your get it
Hermes was the worst parcel no show seller sent replacement
Original parcel showed up 4 weeks later

I had similar experience. I bought a Galli awning on eBay and arranged DPD local to collect it from the buyer. It was two boxes but only one turned up next day (Saturday). I phoned DPD for an update, and they couldn’t give any info on its whereabouts. Anyway, it turned up on the Tuesday unannounced. Turns out the box it was in was damaged and had to go off to be sorted. Nobody thought to log this on the system.
Maybe that’s what’s happened to yours?

I really hope so. We go to France for 4 weeks on the 18th August and really could do with it. I've started looking at emergency/alternative systems and might go with the Outwell Fallcrest and Hillcrest setup....

I don't normally have an issue with DPD.

Raise a claim with them and give them the opportunity to be locate your item.

Its not ideal I know, but better to get your thing late than never.

I find all couriers to be as bad as each of other.... But found Hermes (EVRI) to be the worst.
I concur, Hermes were awful, which I’m sure is why they rebranded themselves. So much so, that I refused to buy anything where they I knew would be the delivery mechanism. Just awful. Marginally better now they are EvrI, but that’s isn’t a great accolade, as the bar was so low.

Havent ever had an issue with DPD personally, so maybe service (or lack of) is driven by local branch and drivers. Our local DPD drivers seem to stay the same, and are always reliable.

Back