door trim clips

helphelp

Hi, can you get door trim clips fixings from independent suppliers rather than main agent, I will be attempting to to remove drivers side door trim to replace the mirror that a courier driver snapped off ,
wondering what chance of getting this done as insurance claim as I have the details of the van that did it.

Hi, can you get door trim clips fixings from independent suppliers rather than main agent, I will be attempting to to remove drivers side door trim to replace the mirror that a courier driver snapped off ,
wondering what chance of getting this done as insurance claim as I have the details of the van that did it.
Very likely, yes. Probably from eBay, very likely from TPS. If you ring TPS and tell them what you’re after, they’ll probably work it out.

I had some delivered this week that were about £4 for a bag of 10 and seem 100% identical to the originals, let me find a link

Here you go £3.99 for 10 with free shipping and arrived within a few days

*edit
just checked and ordered last weekend, dispatched monday and delivered sometime between tue-thu (i wasnt around until the thu so not sure ?)

Are all clips the same?

I will be taking my drivers door panel off to repair my broken wing mirror shortly and thought it might be handy to have some spare just in case i break the odd one. Did VW use different versions or will my 2017 t6 use the ones listed above?

I got some from here in the past.

I seem to recall my 2017 door cards were held on with this type though.

Or maybe they were these Volkswagen Interior Door Card & Trim Panel Mounting / Fastener Clips

The parts catalogue ays its these Door Card Retainer Clips, Volkswagen 3AA868243A
so best thing to do is take it off and check.
See the where the clips are thread for some pointers

Last edited:
These are the ones you need, £4 for 10 delivered so pretty painless, there are 6 on each door and you normally break 1 or 2 per door

Back