Door Dings Aaaargh

VDubnewby666

Young at heart
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Not a good day yesterday. Found a ding in the side door . I know it’s only little and it won’t affect how she drives or performs and it won’t stop me smiling every time I drive her but........It will make me mad every time I clean her.
Why is it that other people are so inconsiderate when they open their car doors?

Mate, I feel your pain, and sadly it would stop me smiling, and it would effect how mine drives, because i'd want to park her up and not look at her until it's fixed. Sadly it's a fact of life now, that most people wouldn't even notice if they hit another vehicle with their door or shopping trolly, and most of those people don't care if it's done to their own vehicles until they have to return them under a scheme where they don't own the cars. It's only at that point they realise the cost of car park dents, and kerbed wheels, when they have to pay the bill themselves to the finance company.

You need to get yourself a good dent guy, they can work miracles. Find yourself a good one, and he will be your mate for life, because mine is actually a good mate now. (still charges me though:rolleyes:)

Yes guess your right. I will look about for a dent man.
What makes it so much harder is that I always try to park away from other vehicles to avoid the door ding problem but often return to find someone thinks my dub is lonely and parks next to me!

sadly most people buy disposable cars and don't give a s**t about theirs or anyone else's, I've even been known to take pictures of cars and number plates of potential culptits

I feel your pain too , first time I took my newly converted van out with the family I got a parking dent in the sliding door , dent man came out and fixed it and all super shiny again , then , yesterday , coming back from Wales on the M54 i was coming to overtake a concrete truck when a large 'clagnut' of gravel/cement or whatever fell off the back and exploded on the road , I heard something ping off the side of the van , looked when I got home and I now have a 5mm dia chip right down to metal in almost exactly the same bloody place as the dent , grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Back