dometic hob wont ignite gas

iawnski

hi all need a bit of help here please of my 2 burner dometic gas hob,,1 gas burner wont light ,the smaller one on the left no probs evrytime 1st go ,the bigger on the right you press the igniter plenty of nice spark, but as soon as i push the gas and hold the button down the igniter wont spark at all no matter how many times i try it wont light ,bit odd any help be greatIMG_20221011_142405_458.jpg

hi all need a bit of help here please of my 2 burner dometic gas hob,,1 gas burner wont light ,the smaller one on the left no probs evrytime 1st go ,the bigger on the right you press the igniter plenty of nice spark, but as soon as i push the gas and hold the button down the igniter wont spark at all no matter how many times i try it wont light ,bit odd any help be great
Sounds like the flame safety thermocouple has failed or there is a bad connection.
The purpose of this thermocouple is to isolate the gas supply should there be a flame out, if you are not sure what you are doing go to a certified service centre as it’s safety critical.
LPG is a confined space is extremely dangerous.
If you go online to the Dometic site you can search for the manual if you don’t have one.

EDIT: looks like I misread it. Either there is a short in the igniter wire, check for damage. More likely the gap between the igniter tip and stove body is too big, check it is the same gap as the other burner which is working.

hi all need a bit of help here please of my 2 burner dometic gas hob,,1 gas burner wont light ,the smaller one on the left no probs evrytime 1st go ,the bigger on the right you press the igniter plenty of nice spark, but as soon as i push the gas and hold the button down the igniter wont spark at all no matter how many times i try it wont light ,bit odd any help be greatView attachment 175681
Does it work with a match or other lighter?

Ours stopped igniting on both rings, the convertor said "they do that, the igniter is rubbish".

We use a USB rechargeable spark thingy.

Our Dometic hob is the other way round. It always sparks, but the gas won’t always stay alight.
Apparently this is common as well, and I juggle the wire connections under the hob now and again which seems to help.

Our Dometic hob is the other way round. It always sparks, but the gas won’t always stay alight.
Apparently this is common as well, and I juggle the wire connections under the hob now and again which seems to help.
That‘s the flame safety thermocouple.

That‘s the flame safety thermocouple.
Thanks.
From "research" on the internet, for my hob they're £60 each as you have to replace the gas control button as it forms part of the thermocouple, and changing it all doesn't always rectify the problem.
As it works most of the time, I will put up with for now.

Thanks.
From "research" on the internet, for my hob they're £60 each as you have to replace the gas control button as it forms part of the thermocouple, and changing it all doesn't always rectify the problem.
As it works most of the time, I will put up with for now.
Dometic parts always seem to be expensive, looks like they are tempting customers to renew rather than repair.

Butane gas has a permittivity around 30% higher than air.

If you get a good spark in air but not in Butane gas try reduce the gap of your electrode. 0 to 30 percent.

I agree with all the other members comments. I’ve had problems with my control knob since the beginning. I always get a spark which will ignite the gas. However the flame went out after letting go of the knob. It appears there’s a design fault that means the igniter knob doesn’t return properly when pushed in. So the gas gets cut off. I now just use the knob for flame regulation and light the stove with a conventional gas lighter.

I've got the same problem and it's because the fridge underneath is so tight to the thermocouple it's snapped the wire. Looking for a new one to replace it and also jack the hob up a few mm so it clears the fridge BUT I can't for the life of me find the spare part online. It's for a Lavanda LD851R 2 burner hob and sink combo - can anyone tell me where to get the part please?

I've got the same problem and it's because the fridge underneath is so tight to the thermocouple it's snapped the wire. Looking for a new one to replace it and also jack the hob up a few mm so it clears the fridge BUT I can't for the life of me find the spare part online. It's for a Lavanda LD851R 2 burner hob and sink combo - can anyone tell me where to get the part please?
Go on eBay and type in, Lavanda LD851R 2 spares. a list of units will come up and father down a spares list.

John.

Thanks John
I’ve tried a solder repair job and made it shorter so there’s more room for the fridge. Hope this works but if not good to know where to get spares. Top man.

Back