Do you have a euro 5 van with ACC ?

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Hoping to hear from anyone with E5 engine and ACC installed, what controls do you have for the cruise control, is it on the wheel or on the stalk ??

Acc was euro 6 only- something to do with the braking system stopped it being available with the euro5 .

That's what I was afraid of, I know ACC includes city braking but was hopeful it could be installed without it :(
Too much money to take a gamble on it working

when i ordered my E5 kombi i was told no as an opinion ,then when i was upgraded to E6 they said no to changing the spec on my order :mad:

@Pauly I have a price list from November 15 ,which is still euro 5 and I am sure it was an option ,in the pictures it showed all the items like side assist ,acc and some other safety features and explained how they worked .

It was listed as a option from the start of the T6- but only on the euro 6 engines, I think it was the 102 that was available in both euro 5 and 6 at the same time with a fairly hefty price difference.

Yep remember the rep telling me that, only the 102 euro 6 engine as I had opted for 140 engine I could not spec it.

I was tempted to retro it onto my van but being a euro 5 it's an expensive gamble to see if it works without the brake assist, I feel if it did VW would have allowed it to be an option ??

ACC is integrated with city braking/autonomous braking or whatever it's called, think that's where the issues are
I was tempted to give it a go but if the braking side doesn't work I'm guessing it will show a permanent fault and if the ACC control module logs an error chances are it will shutdown ACC ?

I think @Adams was going to retro fit all the extras to his bus (including ACC) . Wonder how hes getting on ??

Would be interested in this on my Euro 6 but do you have to have DSG for this to work? What would the parts cost? as an option it's very reasonable.

Back