Do Alloy wheels have a life span!!!

Sean O Leary

T6 Guru
Hi, I have ordered a new van and wondered if I should also change my alloy wheels. My current wheels are nice but now five years old and I am wondering should I chuck them even though they look perfect. Is it possible that the left side wheels due to bad road surface may have buckles or fractures!!
Thanks
Sean

The answer is yes but it depends on a few factors.
Its all about the finish structurally they will go on and on but a poor finish will result in it needing to be re finished.
Eg buy a set of 3sdm rims who are renowned for some of the best powder coating in the industry Nd if looked aftef they will last for a very long time.
Buy a set of BK racing and you can expect about 18 months before the finish fails.

That said my BKs are just going.... so im sending them for powder coating myself and they will be like new again but this time should last for a long while.

Take the tires off and get them refurbished and sprayed the colour you want should be ok as long as the wheel is not bent or damaged. I tried repaieing a Mini Alloy years ago, bad mistake I could never get it back in balance

Back