Dissapointing sound system installed

Hi all,

I have a question for the audio gurus which I guess is on the same topic as this thread.

I have an Audison 5.600 with Hertz Mille Pro MP 165.3 woofers and Mille Pro MP 25.3 tweeters, and a CS 250 S2 10" subwoofer.

Installed diy a while ago and does sound good but not sure I ever set it up properly.

All wired in 'active mode' i.e. woofers and tweeters on their own channels (no external crossovers), using rcd330 head unit speaker outputs as inputs to the amp. Like this:

1000016035.png

This how it's set currently, with all high/low pass filters set at 50Hz and all levels set at minimum apart from sub level. I'm guessing this is wrong but don't know any better!!

1000016031.jpg

How does one go about optimizing the crossover levels? Possible to do by ear with a 'demo disc' or is it a case of using values given in speaker specifications, or something else?

Or... if anyone has all the same kit as me and can send me a picture of their professionally set values, I'll send some beer tokens back your way!

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a question for the audio gurus which I guess is on the same topic as this thread.

I have an Audison 5.600 with Hertz Mille Pro MP 165.3 woofers and Mille Pro MP 25.3 tweeters, and a CS 250 S2 10" subwoofer.

Installed diy a while ago and does sound good but not sure I ever set it up properly.

All wired in 'active mode' i.e. woofers and tweeters on their own channels (no external crossovers), using rcd330 head unit speaker outputs and inputs to the amp. Like this:

View attachment 235320

This how it's set currently, with all high/low pass filters set at 50Hz and all levels set at minimum apart from sub level. I'm guessing this is wrong but don't know any better!!

View attachment 235319

How does one go about optimizing the crossover levels? Possible to do by ear with a 'demo disc' or is it a case of using values given in speaker specifications, or something else?

Or... if anyone has all the same kit as me and can send me a picture of their professionally set values, I'll send some beer tokens back your way!

Cheers

Ideally needs a proper setup, but il send you a pic of a good base setting

Back