Dilemma

Hi all,
I have the choice of 2 sets of wheels from the guy I bought my van off.

Choice 1
irQvK5hLtm1dh8MK6

Devonports 215/60/17
Pros - better fuel economy, new tyres, able to fit chunky tyres on for beach car parks down here.
Cons - need spacers, need the van dropped a bit to fill the arches.

Choice 2
Df1hAhbfApvSpry2A

Range rover sport 255/50/19
Pros - look better with the sportline trim, new tyres, slightly sharper handling
Cons - less mpg slightly, tyres will wear quicker (will need it tracked for the toe-in) and tyres are a bit more expensive.

Help me decide please.

Devonports for me. Those RR wheels aren't the prettiest I reckon. You can always buy some big summer wheels later and keep the devonports for winter tyres too.

Devonports, no spacers needed. Don't like those other ones at all, and the van would need lowering with either so that shouldn't be a deciding factor

I don't want the van lowering as I live at the beach, and beach car parks are no good for lowered vans
This is my old van

20130928_102831.jpg

Mine is on Ports and has been lowered on B14s and has been all over UK and Europe on very uneven potholed ground and tracks with no issues. If you really want to leave it at full height then I'd def go for the Devonports or even 16/17" steels and put chunky tyres on, big wheels don't look good on non-lowered vans IMHO

Devonports and Bilstein B14’s all the way :thumbsup: That’s my humble opinion anyway.

Just inspected the devonports, a couple have a knock from a curb, and the tyres are not new. Thought I had.made my mind up as well!

Just inspected the devonports, a couple have a knock from a curb, and the tyres are not new. Thought I had.made my mind up as well!

Ports are often in the Sales section, and nearly all of the ones I've seen for sale are either new, or mint.

Sorry, I just called them what everyone called them on here. After seeing I can get a set of them, with good tyres for the price of a new set of tyres I think i will go for the wheels that have the deepest tread on.
The ugly rr wheels have some tyres of capable of going over fields, where the daevonports have tyres on that look like they wouldn't grip in a muddy puddle.
It is doing my head in!
20190407_181646.jpg
These were on it originally but they rubbed on full lock (275/40/20) and 3of them had chunks out of that looked very unsafe. But they did look nice.

Back