Did I do the wrong thing!!!

Thought I'd share a mistake I made when ordering my new Kombi. I opted for the leatherette option (seemed cheap at £38). I thought I'd ordered black (as did the sale guy) but low and behold - when the van arrived it was in moonrock (a light grey colour). I actually quite like it now as it lightens the cab up some what. Now the problem I have is that I'm using the van as my car for the next few years - and transporter downhill mountain bikes.... guess I'm going to have to cover them.

Van1.jpg Van2.jpg

I quite like the colour and the rear seats would be more dog proof but bu**er driving around on vinyl front seats. Would have to get the fronts leathered in the same colour with perforated centre panels.

Q. Did you spec 2+1 rear seats?

Thought I'd share a mistake I made when ordering my new Kombi. I opted for the leatherette option (seemed cheap at £38). I thought I'd ordered black (as did the sale guy) but low and behold - when the van arrived it was in moonrock (a light grey colour). I actually quite like it now as it lightens the cab up some what. Now the problem I have is that I'm using the van as my car for the next few years - and transporter downhill mountain bikes.... guess I'm going to have to cover them.

View attachment 745 View attachment 746
From pics look good to me.
Got uplift booked for tomorrow at BP Wales. GT fury will be on back of van.

Agree VanBlanc - the plan was to get leather (have a quote from DK Schweizer) in Kent via the dealer. Approx £800 for front seats and £1300 for all (+VAT).

We decided on the split the rear bench for various reasons, access to the rear whilst parked, different bike carrying configurations - and potential camper layouts in the future.

Lets us see pics of how Schweizer do - we need fronts done.

Our T5.1 came with 2+1 without question. Bloody cheek doing a single bench now ;)

I've just had my Kombi delivered with the same moonrock grey, was assuming I would probably re upholster during the conversion but absolutely love it. My question is now, will I be able to find a full width caravelle triple in the same fabric or somehow find a cost effective way of matching it up? Would negate changing my fronts if so?

I know Reimo will do it and perhaps RIB might otherwise it's off to the upholstery shop ;)

You didn't do the wrong thing...... I think !!!!!
But definitely covers for those mountain bikes :thumbsup:

David can I ask, I've just managed to buy some 1+1+1 in moon rock of ebay and would like to try and buy some front covers for the front? Are yours heated?

Hi all I'm in the same boat with moonrock, mountain bikers and a dog that occasionally goes nuts and digs the seats of the old t5. Love the moonrock and God knows why it's not more popular. Would there be a way of making just the seat base in a matching material so you don't have the faff of stretching proper seat covers over . Anyone upgrading to leather I would love to buy the discarded covers.
Thanks paul

I saw a Shuttle yesterday with the leatherette moonrock seat covers on, looked really smart. Anymore owners on here ?
If so how are they wearing?

Back