Data transfer to sliding door

Caravelle Dan

VIP Member
I'm having issue with my Passenger sliding door and have the fault code 02356. Is there anyway to narrow this down further? Would VCDS be able to interrogate individual components? I have removed the control module in the rear quarter and it was bone dry with no signs of moisture.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20230209-091649_OBDeleven VAG.jpg

Would VCDS be able to interrogate individual components?
OBDeleven can do the same things as VCDS as interrogator.
Control units > Sliding door left > Live data - to read available measurement values (just to verify the module is alive)
Output tests - to run module's built-in functions.

Anyways, it seems there actually is no active fault (as says intermittent)? Or does it come back if you clear it?

OBDeleven can do the same things as VCDS as interrogator.
Control units > Sliding door left > Live data - to read available measurement values (just to verify the module is alive)
Output tests - to run module's built-in functions.

Anyways, it seems there actually is no active fault (as says intermittent)? Or does it come back if you clear it?
@mmi Thanks for the reply its appreciated. Ok thanks, ill have a look with OBDeleven, I'm not fully familiar with it yet and the description of the fault is very vague.

Yes if you clear the fault it returns the next time the door fails to f***tion correctly so I'm pretty sure the two are related. The button on the dash never flashes though which seems to differ from most posts I have read regarding issues with these doors. I dont mind spending money on replacement parts, I just don't want to apply a guesswork technique as that will get expensive fast!

Yes if you clear the fault it returns the next time the door fails to f***tion correctly so I'm pretty sure the two are related.
Oh yes - just wasn't sure if there has been an actual malfunction. Quite a few controllers record all the glitches they detect - not always noticed by the operator.

A few cases with the same fault >>> Ross-Tech: News <<<

@mmi Excellent thanks, ill have a read. The live data on OBDeleven unfortunately is just a list of channels that aren't tagged. However there are a few things I noticed at a glance that might help next time it plays up. There is feedback from the position transducer and what also looks like voltage on another channel. Hopefully with a bit of comparison between the two doors I can narrow it down!

Reactions: mmi
Back