Cxha problem after change egr

Ra102

Swedish member
Hello i have some problem with my t6 2018 CHXA after replace Egr+cooler and the pipe on the backside. after a Quick drive like 3-6km i get 2 faulty codes

P4020
P0101

What can cause this problem?

IMG_3344.jpeg

P1010 mass airflow sensor fault
P0402 EGR excessive flow.

Did you set up the EGR valve according to VW procedure after installation?

Did you set up the EGR valve according to VW procedure after installation?
How did i do that?
I have Autel faultycode reader i can choose basic setting Egrvalve, and i have Do that But it Will not work when i drive 3-6km glowplug lamp flash

Is there an adaption value that needs to be reset with an egr cooler change like with a DPF clean/ renewal?
You may need VCDS over a commercial OBD reader to get into it.

Excuse my Swedish but I think the circled metric refers to EGR valve position - in VCDS / English the same would be called "IDE07757 Exhaust recirculation valve 1 bank 1: position feedback - Actual value".

It's normal to see negative values in this one. As far as I've been able to figure out the negative value means the exhaust is run through the cooler and not bypassed. The below graph is from CXEB engine (the cooler might be slightly different) but you can clearly see the EGR output temperature going down when valve position is negative.

1700126789607.png

Im stuck, could it be Adaption problem i have no Leaks What i can se i have no faulty codes before i change Egr

I would look into MAF sensor by the airbox first. Perhaps it’s wires were disturbed with the EGR work or corrosion in the connector or something. But both faults are at air intake side so they could well be linked.

Ok so you dont Think is a calibrations basic setting problem ?

Well, the repair manual does not mention anything about needing to perform any diagnostics after changing the EGR assembly. Also very little information regarding more recent vehicles in the net - some mentions of the basic settings though.

I think the flow faults could come from
a) EGR valve not closing completely when it should, which would point to adaptation
b) Leak of some kind in the air intake system
c) MAF sensor issues

I was proposing to check the MAF and wiring first as it's easily reachable, within imagination that could have been disturbed during EGR work and known to be one of sources of these faults. The other alternatives are more difficult and might require for example air system pressure testing.

I cant find in autodata What value the Maf should have

Again this is for CXEB so might be slightly different and not sure what can be seen from Autel.

Anyway, in one long drive IDE04468 Air mass at meter 1, which I think is MAF, had about 50 kg/h cold idling, 40 kg/h warm idling and 20-650 kg/h over the entire drive.

Have you checked that there are no leaks on the inlet to the EGR unit?

Back