Covid barnets.

Carl1974

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So as weeks and months pass by, I’m starting to look like part of a Beatles tribute band.

so how are people coping or just reaching for the clippers for that shaved look, I can’t bring myself to grab the clippers.

I'm carrying on as usual with the Mrs running No.2 clippers over my noggin every other Saturday. I've offered to give her a trim but she would't let me within a mile of her with a pair of scissors in my hand as she still has nightmares about the time that I tried to even up her fringe donkeys years ago - suffice to say, it ended badly, very badly!

Last edited:
My wife and my daughter have each had a go at my hair - just a light trim each time, and to be honest it was fine.
Another trim this afternoon i think.

We bought some proper hairdressing scissors, and some thinning scissors, plus a simple electric trimmer, all from Amazon, at the beginning of the lockdown.

Pete

I decided to get some clippers but everyone else had the same idea and there were (and still are) shortages of the good brands.

I managed to get a Whal 100 for 38 quid and my wife has done an excellent job crafting me a short back and sides. Very happy with the result and I save £11 every 4 or 5 weeks, meaning the clippers will have well paid for themselves over the coming 6 months or so.

I’ve had no2 for as long as I remember so no change
Worrying thing is I have to share with the dogs
They don’t seam to mind though

Andy

Being a real Man that's happy to admit I spend far longer than I should in front of the mirror with overpriced waxes, creams and all kinds of magic potions that keep me looking so good :whistle: I've resorted to a baseball cap at all times in public.
Although it does seem to be getting tighter by the week, as do my trousers for some weird reason.

After having the same haircut for 30 odd years, i decided 2 weeks ago to let the wife attack it and go blade 2 all over. In 20 years of marriage I've never seen her so scared.

Its growing on me, I actually quite like it. :fast rofl:

I had a crew cut years ago but let it grow back after a while. I was having a clear out last year and came across my old Wahl clippers that I used to use. I thought to myself “I’m never going to use them again” so I chucked them out, doh.
About 3 weeks after lockdown started my hair was all over the place, so I bought a set of clippers on Amazon and I’ve now gone number two all over.
I think I’m going to keep it that way now.

Did mine with a £5 beard trimmer. Tried to do short back and sides but looked like a Peaky Blinder.
Realised I’m not cool enough for that sort of haircut, so did a short back, sides and top. Should last me a couple of months

At the start of last week I was starting to get annoyed with the length of my hair.
I had booked 10 days of annual leave to do the NC500, with that missed for the second year running I used my first day of annual leave to give myself a scissor over comb and used a beard trimmer for the back and sides. 1 YouTube video later and with a mirror propped up on the oil tank outside I gave myself a haircut I was pleased with. New hairclippers ordered as my days of paying for a haircut or behind me.

Any barbers reading this will be looking for a new career now we've all decided to carry on doing our own haircuts! :confused:

haha, it'll save me a fortune, I used to go to the turkish barber every two weeks for the works!

Well the missus has promised to do her best, that gives me massive worry. I will post a before and after.

My wife and my daughter have each had a go at my hair - just a light trim each time, and to be honest it was fine.
Another trim this afternoon i think.

Well wife and daughter had a go again. Looks fine to me, and to be honest as long as it looks ok from the front for work video calls, I don’t care.

My confidence dropped mid cut, when my wife said “oops” followed by “I think I need to get my glasses”, but it looks ok to me in the mirror :oops:

Pete

Not good, I drove past the barber 2days before lockdown but didn’t fancy the queue, Ooops. Hair clippers seem to be the new toilet paper but managed to find some direct from Wahl, just waiting for the delivery then the wife assures me she has watched all the required YouTube to become a fully qualified barber, only time will tell. Otherwise a good hat will be found.

Back