Corner Profile Advice

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm making some storage boxes for our camper that match the units it already has. What is the best way to attach a corner profile to the ply?
20201208_090431.jpg

Cant help with the question sorry, but where did you get the corner profile from please?

Is that metal or plastic?

Could put in some self tappers that screw right through it into the wood, from the inside

Screws through the rear flange. Drill and debur the profile first. We've used this for years and works fine. Cheers, Ian

Thanks Ian, that's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.
Next question, how do I attach the edging trim? Is it a tiny router bit to cut a slot? Or hammer it straight in?20201209_123909.jpg

Rubber hammer carefully if the channel is already there.

Thanks Ian, that's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.
Next question, how do I attach the edging trim? Is it a tiny router bit to cut a slot? Or hammer it straight in?View attachment 94439
You will need to cut a slot and knock in with a mallet type hammer. The supplier of the trim should have provided slot dimensions as trims are different. Cheers

Ok plywood sheets from Wickes are sold at 12mm But they are in fact 11mm and I have used these sheets to make a day van. I used the External Corners from Screwfix for the corners of the units and the fit is perfect.
(note if you order these corners from Screwfix they are not in stock but sent to you direct from the supplier).

Back