Converting a T6 ABTe back to Deisel

Hi, I have an ABTe transporter. It has been usful as i have been doing local miles. I now need more miles and dont want to sell it. Does anyone know if there are any companies out there that could convert the ABTe back to a deisel?

I'm sure it's possible. I'm less sure that anybody could make it financially viable.
I'd guess the engine alone would be £10K or more.

I’m surprised nobodies marketing a trailer with additional batteries for longer journeys. As daft as it sounds I’m sure it would sell.

I bought this van 6 months ago for 4k it had done 2000 miles carrying flowers. Its in perfect condition so as i bought it so cheap id look at converting it back.
In that case look to buy a similar age insurance write-off and transfer all the power unit, fuel system and control units over. There will be quite a bit of mechanical and electrical work required.

Hi, I have an ABTe transporter. It has been usful as i have been doing local miles. I now need more miles and dont want to sell it. Does anyone know if there are any companies out there that could convert the ABTe back to a deisel?
I’ve been to the factory where these are converted to electric in Kempten Germany. They start life with a full diesel engine that is removed then converted. They had loads of new engines/gearboxes laying around that were being sent back to VW to be reused. Seemed a very long winded way of doing it.

I can’t see why you can’t go the other way - however for all the parts you need I feel this will be financially unviable. Personally I think you will be better off selling it and buying a diesel/petrol alternative.

Hallo Martin, it´s for shure possible, if its Finanzially a good idea, i am not shure.
But if you like to do it than i would love to buy all Electrical Parts that you dont need after that convertion.
I am planning to Convert my T5 to Electric :)
Seriously send me an Message when you go that way, i can come and remove everything myself, as preparation for your conversion.

A good Workshop who knows T6 already would be able to do the work for you. But with a lot of houres ....
But as already said, a compleete T6 Diesel is needed cause a lot Parts are different.
But if you find a crashed T6 cheep it could work.
See ya
Dennis

Back