Coming home function not working

8balladdict

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea why the coming home function is not working on me van....the leaving home works fine. I've checked through VCDS, it's enabled in there and set for 15 seconds but just doesn't work.

Cheers

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea why the coming home function is not working on me van....the leaving home works fine. I've checked through VCDS, it's enabled in there and set for 15 seconds but just doesn't work.

Cheers
Are both options checked on in the MFD?

Are both options checked on in the MFD?

I don't remember seeing those options in the MFD setting to be honest. If it is, it'll be on as I went through all of them when I first got the van and I definitely would of enabled it. I'm popping out to the van shortly so I'll check though.

To activate the coming home lights you flash the main beam before you get out and walk away and it will keep the lights on for the set duration
Don't you read your handbook :rolleyes:

No options in my MFD for coming or leaving lights
DER! neither do I :) (Its the Touareg and Golf that had them on the MFD) but I don't have to flash the headlights because I have the auto lights and I think they operate automatically if its dark and the headlight switch is in the auto position..

If light switch is on auto they operate automatically when you unlock the vehicle but not when locking (well not on mine) a flash of the main beam is required beforehand to make them flick on when you lock the van

If light switch is on auto they operate automatically when you unlock the vehicle but not when locking (well not on mine) a flash of the main beam is required beforehand to make them flick on when you lock the van
Yeah, I've got the auto lights and leaving works but no coming. Got to admit, that is a bit of a stoopid way of making that work! Very random. I'll give it a try tonight though but that's a bit disappointing. Cheers for all the input though.

DER! neither do I :) (Its the Touareg and Golf that had them on the MFD) but I don't have to flash the headlights because I have the auto lights and I think they operate automatically if its dark and the headlight switch is in the auto position..
@Loz can you please confirm that on your T6 coming home function switches ON your lights in AUTOMATIC way when it is dark and your light switch is in AUTO position?
And you don't have to pull high beam stalk after taking your key out of ignition?

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
@Loz can you please confirm that on your T6 coming home function switches ON your lights in AUTOMATIC way when it is dark and your light switch is ON position?
And you don't have to pull high beam stalk after taking your key out of ignition?

Mine doesn't unless I flash the main beam, and for some reason my door has to be open when I flash the beam or they are intermittent.
I set mine for 1 min through Carista.

Mine doesn't unless I flash the main beam, and for some reason my door has to be open when I flash the beam or they are intermittent.
I would like to say that flashing only triggers the function but the coming home light won't actually turn on until you open the door. Yes, strange... but a kind of logical :speechless: . And, actually just a light quick pull is enough - high beam doesn't need to come on.

@Loz can you please confirm that on your T6 coming home function switches ON your lights in AUTOMATIC way when it is dark and your light switch is in AUTO position?

@mmi @Robert Did you ever crack the code to make coming home lights work automatically without pulling the stalk...?

I think this is now an automatic function on Audi Q series...?

I'm afraid not - by coding. However, in the T6 BCM there still are 50 uncharted adaptation channels ;)

@mmi @Robert Did you ever crack the code to make coming home lights work automatically without pulling the stalk...?

I gave up on coding/adaptation option and
I have "designed" and actually made up already my own hardware solution but didn't get a chance to install it yet.

On my previous 7 seater (Sharan 7N - PQ35) there was easy coding modification to get it to function automatically
but I am convinced this is not achievable on PQ25 platform.
Same with windscreen wipers not coming back to horizontal position after switching off ignition.
I am missing both of these convenience features very much so but one is on its way:thumbsup:.
You know me, I will show off again :cool:;)

Will wait in anticipation for the “OEM How to”...I currently have the ‘Heath Robinson’ version of after market DRL’s piggy backed off the Fuel Pump relay fuse which gives me about 30s post ignition off illumination.

Back