Comfort dash chrome trim help

killisickconversions

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Hi all, I've just picked up a kombi with comfort dash that has the small chrome trim missing on the cubby hole lid next to the gear lever. Pic attached.

Anyone have any ideas where a replacement could be sought or something similar that I could use instead?
VW only sell the complete unit.20210605_113255.jpg

Hi all, I've just picked up a kombi with comfort dash that has the small chrome trim missing on the cubby hole lid next to the gear lever. Pic attached.

Anyone have any ideas where a replacement could be sought or something similar that I could use instead?
VW only sell the complete unit.View attachment 118533
I’d take the whole thing off and replace with the Piano black version as your very unlikely to just get the chrome trim

FFE4287B-B7EB-44D1-B98F-B21CB8D1BC53.jpeg

Measure the groove, buy some stainless steel rod from ebay, file the ends to fit and carefully epoxy in place.

VW only sell the complete unit.View attachment 118533
Hello,
Did you find a solution in the end? I also have the same problem and was shocked at the price of a new centre console.

Same here! Today it just popped off. Luckily I have the trim. Need to glue it back together.

Back