Combining electrical jobs

boxer750

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi
I mentioned elsewhere here that the VW dealer or supplier, managed to miss off certain items from my Van. In normal times I would have been more robust in my response, but presently the dealer would happily refund the cost of the van and sell it for more so I've decided to add these items to the list of other jobs I need to do, and just get on with it!

Three things electrically need doing, and I am hoping someone out there has the info..
1. Rear Camera. Not 100% sure its necessary, but I had it on a company car once and it was useful..
2. Power latching side door .. for the benefit of others on any campsite in the middle of the night.. and a bit later.. and a bit later ;)
3. Ghost alarm ..

I'll put in a tracker too.. but can manage that myself :cool:

The question is .. recommended installers if you know of any and preferably one that can do the lot in one hit?

As an aside, what size leisure batteries do most of you have? Eventually the van will have solar , but not sure when.. Need to go through the charade of converting the biggest stuff and then ask DVLA to give me campervan status which we all know they wont, but it will be a 'van with windows' which is 'nice' :mad:

Many thanks

Pete

Hi
I mentioned elsewhere here that the VW dealer or supplier, managed to miss off certain items from my Van. In normal times I would have been more robust in my response, but presently the dealer would happily refund the cost of the van and sell it for more so I've decided to add these items to the list of other jobs I need to do, and just get on with it!

Three things electrically need doing, and I am hoping someone out there has the info..
1. Rear Camera. Not 100% sure its necessary, but I had it on a company car once and it was useful..
2. Power latching side door .. for the benefit of others on any campsite in the middle of the night.. and a bit later.. and a bit later ;)
3. Ghost alarm ..

I'll put in a tracker too.. but can manage that myself :cool:

The question is .. recommended installers if you know of any and preferably one that can do the lot in one hit?

As an aside, what size leisure batteries do most of you have? Eventually the van will have solar , but not sure when.. Need to go through the charade of converting the biggest stuff and then ask DVLA to give me campervan status which we all know they wont, but it will be a 'van with windows' which is 'nice' :mad:

Many thanks

Pete
Not sure if Martyn @travelvolts would do this.

Rear camera: you can live without and we did for the first year of ownership but then fitted one. It’s made a big difference as ours is a daily driver so reversing in a supermarket car park and knowing that a child is not crossing behind you makes it so much easier and less stressful. It’s an easy retrofit and I wouldn’t be without mine now but we do have a LWB so being able to judge distance behind to get tucked in tight to car park spaces is more important than if you have a SWB.

Latching side doors: we haven’t got it but would like it. Is it just electric side doors that beep while closing (nightmare on a campsite), or do auto latching do that too? I’d want to find that out before spending the money on that retrofit.

Thanks everyone for advice.. I have contacted the above and we'll see. I take your point on the camera Broadside just thinking while its apart for the start of the conversion .. might as well.. even if I just put in the cable

The power latching door doesn't beep as far as I know... it's not the power closing.. just latching

Pete

Back