Code P24C 600

Carpinus

T6 Pro
This refers to Particulate Matter Sensor Temp. Circuit. Vehicle 2016 DSG 204 Caravelle.

I did have three fault codes including the one already mentioned plus PO236 and PO401. I borrowed from a friend an OBD2 meter which enabled me to cancel the codes, and at present only one seems to have come back. P24C 600. The meter I borrowed is very basic and offers no other information. I am presuming this measures temperature and isn't the range it should be? I have no DPF warning light and stop?start working correctly and seems to be regenerating normally. Is this a matter of cleaning the sensor or replacing the whole thing? Any help from a forum member who has knowledge on this subject would be appreciated.

P24C600 - Temperature Sensor for Particulate Sensor: Electrical Malfunction

More likely the sensor is faulty. Certainly worth to check the wiring.
I would expect wrong readings come up as "Implausible signal/value".

1643475084087.png

The sensor is not directly related to DPF - it measures any soot/ash particle remains in the exhaust after the DPF.
1643467946136.png

P24C600 - Temperature Sensor for Particulate Sensor: Electrical Malfunction

More likely the sensor is faulty. Certainly worth to check the wiring.
I would expect wrong readings come up as "Implausible signal/value".

View attachment 143900

The sensor is not directly related to DPF - it measures any soot/ash particle remains in the exhaust after the DPF.
View attachment 143888
Thank you MMI for your helpful reply.

At £245.00 to replace the part plus labour costs you would expect a longer life from these sensors. This leads me to ask if this is a job I can do myself? You have showed the particulate sensor fitted after the DPF. However, do you have another diagram which shows the other end, and where to locate in the engine compartment?

Reactions: mmi
However, do you have another diagram which shows the other end, and where to locate in the engine compartment?
The sensor seems to consist of two units - a controller and the sensor (probe) itself. The controller is behind heat shield.
The other end - the connector to detach is "1". Anyways, I would verify the wiring for any damage between controller (1) and the probe (4) .
1643553494722.png
Anyways, detailed document >here< page 321 onwards.
A "random" picture

The sensor seems to consist of two units - a controller and the sensor (probe) itself. The controller is behind heat shield.
The other end - the connector to detach is "1". Anyways, I would verify the wiring for any damage between controller (1) and the probe (4) .
View attachment 144065
Anyways, detailed document >here< page 321 onwards.
A "random" picture
Thanks MMI, you have been a great help. I can now investigate further tomorrow.

Reactions: mmi
hi, I have the same problem on my kia ceed 1.6 crdi (error P24C600). I wanted to ask, if I don't replace the sensor, what is the risk of the car?

Back