Carpet Lining Wrong Side

DM812

Had a nightmare and pretty sure I’ve carpeted on the wrong side, picture attached (seems to have more strands of carpet that just fluffs/pulls off).

If I rip this off will I also need to remove all the leftover fluff and adhesive or can that be glued and carpeted on top off?8E047037-9C55-4E5E-9807-7B7123F7D86F.png

Oh shit. If your sure you have then rip it off let it cure fully and the rough it up with a bit sand paper wipe it down with damp cloth let it dry fully and then treat is as fresh glue the body and the carpet ( the right side ) and you’ll be fine

I made the same error :rolleyes: on a couple of panels. Finally got round to re-doing it after around 12 months. I found that the carpet came off quite easily without leaving too much ‘residue’, re-glued, new carpet, sorted :thumbsup:

I'd just pull it off then just go over it all again.

Oh shoot shame that. Your be fine rip off and redo. I pulled off someone else’s work in my old t6 as it was a pretty poor Job done by a professional too but I removed carpet sound deadening and removed all adhesive your be fine with what you’ve done I’m sure

I did this on my last van about three years ago when I carpeted the door store. The funny thing is I've only realised by reading this post. Doh.

I did it when part carpeting the window van last year. Fortunately it was a small bit and the first bit I did!

I’m joining the club, did the full metal frame on one side, when I did the opposite side I realised it was less stringy and more fluffy.

Knew it would bug me so pulled it all off and used Tardis glue and tar remover with some lint free rags to remove the residue. Tbf it cleaned up ok and I got back to how it was before starting.

Such a waste of time and carpet! Nevermind

Back