Carpet Lining Around The Offside Window On A Kombi

Surfrdan

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I can't seem to work out how to end the carpet around the window on a factory kombi with a single sliding door (and sliding windows on both sides). Any attempt to get the carpet near the glass would be impeded by the sliding window mechanism from what I can tell. I thought I'd seen examples of a ply frame around the widow and the carpet ending at hte inside edge of the frame.

Can anyone provide photos of this area of their carpetted van please for assistance?

I thought you taped and covered the window and cut around the edge after fitting the carpet.

I thought you taped and covered the window and cut around the edge after fitting the carpet.

Perhaps I'm not understanding, but doesn;t this expose a carpet edge where the window frame meets the glass? Every other edge can be tucked out of sight behind trim, floor, panels etc, but the kombi window area seems to require some more creative work. Perhaps its a big secret as this area seems to always be missing from peoples photographs of their lineouts!

Seen on another forum....

Carpeting Around Factory Kombi Windows - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

We cut it about 5 - 10 mm longer and carefully tucked it behind the metalwork using the short end of a small allen key. A little time consuming but worth it for a neat finish. Try to be careful not to scratch the black coating off the glass. I touched it a few times without thinking and it was fine.

The plastic window slider trim pops off to make the top and bottom easier.

Good luck

On closer inspection, those trim pieces apparently do not fit Kombis :( Shame as they looked perfect

@Surfrdan did you manage to do this?

i finally got round to looking into this - our van was windowed all around before we bought it - and we had to carpet with them installed... im now at a loss as to how to finish the carpet relatively neatly... i had bought a very slim u trim but this doesnt fit all around - the metal work comes too cloase at points to fit under..

@Surfrdan did you manage to do this?

i finally got round to looking into this - our van was windowed all around before we bought it - and we had to carpet with them installed... im now at a loss as to how to finish the carpet relatively neatly... i had bought a very slim u trim but this doesnt fit all around - the metal work comes too cloase at points to fit under..

Not yet I'm afraid. All the lining materials are piled up in the garage awaiting the time or for me to take them to a local converter and ask them to do it. Not enough hours in the day right now

Hmmm ok im going to have another try with this trim then and cut away from behind where the metalk blocks it... otherwise i dont see how to do it. maybe a ply trim thats carpeted/trimmed in other fabric but i dont see how to fix it.

hi there, I'm afraid I left it for the moment..I left the sliding door bare with just the door card carpeted in the end.

Back