Caravanwise Insurance whats going on

The cheque refund from Caravanwise came in the post this morning. So that's good and quick, although I would have preferred a refund on my credit card!

There is no advantage in having the body type changed to Motor Caravan now. Insurers know that the DVLA are not marking our type of campers in that way and it has been confirmed by the powers that be that the speed limits on a vehicle constructed as a camper are not the same as those for a van. I've not heard of anyone being booked for exceeding the van limit in a camper.

Thanks everyone for your help. The van is a high top and we have had windows and skylight fitted so hopefully the dvla won't be a problem. However that is a long way off.
It seems that most of the insurance companies get very low ratings. You do wonder what our so called watch dogs/ regulators do.
They probably get some nice Christmas presents for being ‘fair and reasonable’.

Thanks everyone for your help. The van is a high top and we have had windows and skylight fitted so hopefully the dvla won't be a problem. However that is a long way off.
It seems that most of the insurance companies get very low ratings. You do wonder what our so called watch dogs/ regulators do.
The answer is in your question...they may as well just watch dogs!

The cheque refund from Caravanwise came in the post this morning. So that's good and quick, although I would have preferred a refund on my credit card!
Smile sweetly and trouser the airmiles/points!

They probably get some nice Christmas presents for being ‘fair and reasonable’.
Indeed! And produce a glossy brochure about how they are fiercely independent! And, talking of “fierce”, my granny has more teeth!

Should have stuck with caravanwise. They have created a new category of day van insurance for vans that don't fit neatly into the motorhome category but can be slept in.

Reactions: CAB
Back