Can I Fit T30 Caravelle Springs To My T28?

Patch

Hi all,
I’ve spent time looking through suspension forum posts trying to educate myself about lowering springs, but could not find the answer I was looking for. I was wondering whether it would be ok to fit T30 caravelle springs to my T28 Transporter, which is slowly getting converted to camper. If it is possible then I am hoping as they are VW springs, it would not affect warranty either. On a very tight budget so that is reason why I don’t just go Eibach -30mm route, and understand I can get -20mm with the caravelle springs.

Thanks in advance.

I think Pauly said the otherday that the springs/suspension IS interchangeable across the T5/T6 range.

but putting the slightly stiffer T30 springs on a T28 will give you a slightly firmer/stiffer ride.

and i doubt it will be a warranty problem is its done correctly.

Also standard Sportline springs are lower/firmer so have a look at those too.......but they are a VERY FIRM ride, but great at reducing any body roll in the corners.

I think Pauly said the otherday that the springs/suspension IS interchangeable across the T5/T6 range.

but putting the slightly stiffer T30 springs on a T28 will give you a slightly firmer/stiffer ride.

and i doubt it will be a warranty problem is its done correctly.

Also standard Sportline springs are lower/firmer so have a look at those too.......but they are a VERY FIRM ride, but great at reducing any body roll in the corners.
Thanks for your reply,
I’m not really worried about the stiffer ride, and don’t want to go sport-line route as too expensive for me (still saving for a poptop). I was just hoping somebody could confirm whether the springs will fit my shocks and give me a 20mm drop for relatively low cost. It should also lessen slightly the body roll when poptop weight is added.
Regards
Patch

Thanks BiTurbo.... I will bear that in mind. I was really just asking to see if I can replace my T28 springs with pre-owned (5k) Caravelle springs that will give me a 20mm drop.

Thanks BiTurbo.... I will bear that in mind. I was really just asking to see if I can replace my T28 springs with pre-owned (5k) Caravelle springs that will give me a 20mm drop.

seems like the answer your looking for would be - Yes you can swap the springs.

but im unsure of the spring height difference. or change in ride height. . . . . i thought the springs were the same heights and just the sportline ones were lower (and stiffer)

unless you fitted lowering springs like Eibach`s etc

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts...transporter-vi-bus-sgb-sgg-sgj/114861-2-0-tdi

looks like 30/30mm or 35/30mm dropped springs are an option from autodoc.

but I've not done that mod myself. maybe someone else has?

Thanks for your help Dellmassive ....yes you are correct, I was kinda looking for a simple ‘yes that should be no problem kind of answer’....I spent a couple of hours on this forum last night looking through suspension postings and didn’t really find my answer. This is my first conversion project, and I have never made suspension mods to any vehicle before so have no technical knowledge. In my head I was thinking/hoping the caravelle springs would be a straight swap for my T28 springs/coil and would give me a 20mm lower ride height by virtue of shorter length coil and the dampers need no adjustment...but like I state earlier I know nothing.......oh I did learn I would need wheel alignment checked if any lowering takes place!!!!...Footy’s on in a minute, see ya!

Back