Camping or b&b (without the breakfast) in Paris for 12 days?

Long tall John

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We are planning to go to Paris for about 12 days end of next week and we don’t know whether to use this place which has got mixed reviews or staying nearer to the centre in a Travelodge style place. Any suggestions?

If we go the Travelodge route, we will probably leave the city at the weekend when it’s expensive and have respite from the madding crowds at a campsite somewhere and then go back to Paris again for the second half.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. It’s Paris airshow next week. You’ll be lucky to get a hotel room anywhere in the entire region then.
Oh ffs! We checked two weeks ago and there was camping still available and seemed to be a lot of hotel rooms. We were just going to leave it till the last minute to book because we’re in the middle of a kitchen extension and a spanner might have been thrown our way. Might have to turn it into Plan B and go to the Dordogne.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well we’ve been at the campsite now for five days and can’t complain at all. True, there is noise from the road if you’re unlucky to get a plot near it, but anywhere you stay in Paris is noisy! Very friendly staff at reception and it’s 1€ Each way to the city by the dedicated campsite bus, and runs every half an hour from the campsite entrance.

€45 a night with no hook up but very generous size pitches and can’t complain about the showers at all. It would be nice to stay in a hotel in the city centre but Paris is so spread out everything seems to be an hour and a half walk away so it would still be a bind to go back for an afternoon kip wherever the hotel is and at least double the price.

Anyway, thumbs up for the campsite but heading off into “ the countryside” tomorrow…. still got a week left.

Your braver than me for even driving into Paris. Only touched the outskirts of a few major towns/cities while touring around and it done my head in. To much traffic and stress. Well done.

Oh ffs! We checked two weeks ago and there was camping still available and seemed to be a lot of hotel rooms. We were just going to leave it till the last minute to book because we’re in the middle of a kitchen extension and a spanner might have been thrown our way. Might have to turn it into Plan B and go to the Dordogne.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dordogne every time over Paris for me.

I’m never phased by heavy mad traffic but I understand why a lot of people are. We had never been to Paris before though and glad we’ve seen it now. A lot of Europe is heavy rain at the moment as well, so going to be chasing the good weather without going all the way to the dordogne (6.5 hours driving).

I think we’re going to go to Versailles today because it’s heavy rain and then onto fontainebleau. Maybe….. ?

Back