Cambee

JaySal

T6 Pro
Im after some advice as im sure someone will have found a solution, I really like the look of the Cambee style units for a van but cant justify the price which seems to be at the top end. Has anyone come across anything similar or made them?
Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 21.12.08.png

This is my kitchen pod from Cambee, it was expensive, but the quality is first class. I made the unit with the fridge in ( it isn’t finished here) and there is a tall cupboard on order from a kitchen unit company who do bespoke units in Formica and birch ply that will go behind the fridge. I would have had a full set of units from Cambee, but as you can see, my layout in a bit different to the usual rear bed and side furniture.

8A5BD3B4-6A9B-477D-B3C4-FA1F08DD58B5.jpeg

@JaySal Just spotted this thread, posted the same one just now, whoops. Did you mange to find anything? I want cambee too but huge waiting list at the moment!

Cambee are doing my full conversion for me. Spent a day at their workshop last year before committing and I completely agree on them being first class. Real attention to detail, great craftsmanship and a great team who help every step of the way.

I agree that prices are at the upper end, but I’m a firm believer that you get what you pay for. One thing I will say though is that they are rammed out with work as a consequence. When I originally booked my Feb slot in September, it was their earliest slot. I had to let that go as my van didn’t arrive in time, and they’ve juggled some work to fit me in, but I know they are stilll well booked up through the next few months.

But i thoroughly recommend them

Cambee are doing my full conversion for me. Spent a day at their workshop last year before committing and I completely agree on them being first class. Real attention to detail, great craftsmanship and a great team who help every step of the way.

I agree that prices are at the upper end, but I’m a firm believer that you get what you pay for. One thing I will say though is that they are rammed out with work as a consequence. When I originally booked my Feb slot in September, it was their earliest slot. I had to let that go as my van didn’t arrive in time, and they’ve juggled some work to fit me in, but I know they are stilll well booked up through the next few months.

But i thoroughly recommend them

Thanks Ozi - I might have to hit you up for some questions soon enough! Can I ask what spec you went for?

Feel free to. More than happy to help if I can. I went for the Classic GT spec, with a good few extras. Only plan on doing it once, so thought I may as well do it how I want

This is my kitchen pod from Cambee, it was expensive, but the quality is first class. I made the unit with the fridge in ( it isn’t finished here) and there is a tall cupboard on order from a kitchen unit company who do bespoke units in Formica and birch ply that will go behind the fridge. I would have had a full set of units from Cambee, but as you can see, my layout in a bit different to the usual rear bed and side furniture.

View attachment 18405

Which Cambee kitchen is that please? Looks exactly what I have been searching for. That is one which fits over the wheel arch at the side to the rear of the van. Also is it removable? Tnx.

Hi, this is a standard kitchen pod, it comes with a complete flat back section, designed to fit opposite the sliding door. I had to trim it to fit over the wheel arch. Cambee also made two small worktops for two of the units that I made myself.
I wholeheartedly recommend Cambee, they were very helpful and the quality is excellent, not cheap but well worth it!

We got our R&R bed from Cambee, very helpful, great visit to their workshop quality was fantastic. Also most helpful and they added extra 100mm to the seat base to make the bed length 6'6" overall (I am 6'5").

Back