California Coast

The Coast is a model between the Beach and Ocean that VW don't import to the UK. Think it's nearer to the Ocean with a side layout but manual roof and a few other cost cuttings. Saw a couple in Germany last year when I was considering a Cali

I think they probably thought it would take sales away from the Ocean, and as they can sell every one they bring over, I can see the business sense.

I think they probably thought it would take sales away from the Ocean, and as they can sell every one they bring over, I can see the business sense.
I know where you are coming from re business sense, but VW(UK) or VW (Group) really do annoy a lot of people in the UK when we get second best to Europe. I wonder if the furniture is bespoke to the Coast?, and hence the RHD version becomes a bit more problematic?, but hey with CNC cutters it shouldn't be that costly?

Have been researching for a long time, looking at conversions and the California. The Ocean is just a bit too expensive but the Coast, with discount, is in budget. Just wondering if anyone on here has got one? What options they have added? And how they have found it / any issues? Thanks!

I don’t have a California myself but I believe your question is frequently discussed on another forum, you might want to have a read of those discussions.

I don’t have a California myself but I believe your question is frequently discussed on another forum, you might want to have a read of those discussions.

Cheers!

I have just ordered a Coast from Swansway in Speke. I has privacy glass, reversing camera, front opening bellows and comfort sleeping matress included. These options were included for free. In my opinion the Coast is far better than the Ocean. Certainly better value anyway. Who really needs an electric pop top. Its far easier to just unclip it and push it up.
The Ocean has lots of extras that are a waste of money in my opinion. As a camper the Coast is the same as the Ocean.

Reactions: JOG
I have just ordered a Coast from Swansway in Speke. I has privacy glass, reversing camera, front opening bellows and comfort sleeping matress included. These options were included for free. In my opinion the Coast is far better than the Ocean. Certainly better value anyway. Who really needs an electric pop top. Its far easier to just unclip it and push it up.
The Ocean has lots of extras that are a waste of money in my opinion. As a camper the Coast is the same as the Ocean.

I placed an order with them last month, It had the exact same extras list. They told me I was taking over a cancelled order but I turned up there last Friday and they had a carpark full of "SOLD" Coasts all with the same options, I think they order them as stock. They told me to expect a mid January delivery so hopefully that happens. I really wish they had added front fogs to their stock options as the front end looks so much better with them. I am investigating after market fitting but it looks like it will cost more to retro fit. Can't complain all in all the price is good and the delivery swift (if it happens on time`). Edit the options are not free, check your quote.

OK yes I am paying for the options but still can’t complain. I think they have done me a reasonable deal. I have been looking at fitting fogs sometime in the future but I don’t think there are any out there at the moment maybe because the 6.1 is a bit more of a recent model. Please let me know if you do find any. My van has a delivery date of the 21st of Jan so fingers crossed. It will be kept in the garage anyway until the rainy season is over and it is a bit safer out there. Goodluck with your del date. What colour are you getting?

I agree the deals are reasonable, I saw a similar spec Coast for sale at VW Southampton which was a few months old and has 7,000 on the clock, it was £4,000 more than the price I agreed with Liverpool van centre. I have Iridium Grey, how about you?

Well...my favourite colour was always indium grey ( i think they called it atlas grey many years ago ) but I have decided to go for Ascot Grey. It’s an odd colour it kind of looks white in some photos but I quite like it. I’m also having the standard 16 inch wheels. It makes me laugh when people talk about bigger wheels and fancy alloys and lowering the springs. I want a camper not a hot rod.

Well...my favourite colour was always indium grey ( i think they called it atlas grey many years ago ) but I have decided to go for Ascot Grey. It’s an odd colour it kind of looks white in some photos but I quite like it. I’m also having the standard 16 inch wheels. It makes me laugh when people talk about bigger wheels and fancy alloys and lowering the springs. I want a camper not a hot rod.

Good choice! :)

Don't forget to post a pic in the 'Team Ascot Grey' thread , when it arrives :)

What colour pop top did you order?

LM_20200713_3-bewerkt_lo_web.jpg

Back