Cab-bunk bed

paradigm

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does anyone have experience with a Cabbunk in a T6?

My front seats don't swivel (sub and leisure battery etc) but I have been assured it will still go over the headrests if the seats are pushed all the way forward and wound to lean forward completely. I just don't quite understand how the other uprights work in a T6 and the website picture aren't really that clear. Has anyone used them or have really clear pics as the look like a solid solution.

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have experience with a Cabbunk in a T6?

My front seats don't swivel (sub and leisure battery etc) but I have been assured it will still go over the headrests if the seats are pushed all the way forward and wound to lean forward completely. I just don't quite understand how the other uprights work in a T6 and the website picture aren't really that clear. Has anyone used them or have really clear pics as the look like a solid solution.

Thanks in advance

I have one and don't see how it would fit without swivels.

The bunk goes over the headrests for one side but the other needs to be secured on posts that press on the b pillars. Do t see how that would work without swivels.

As an aside I've actually modded my bunk to have fabric sides (not safe for a one year old as sold imo) and to fit onto permanently attached hooks on the b pillar, negating the need for the posts, saving some space.... But this modded setup still wouldn't help with fit with non swivels.

Nice one thank you, I’m intrigued to see the b pillar fitments.
They’ve sent me this pic, not a transporter but they assure me it would be ok on a t6 without swivels

ADD37FE9-FBD4-4839-B3CD-7B6BDE28E1A5.png

Does any use a Front Bunk from STITCHES + STEEL ?
Looking for something to keep the little person in and these seem like the safest option to avoid touching of dash or crawling out.

Any other suggestions welcome.

I do like the STITCHES + STEEL brand though, so would likely pair with their Barn Door Awning and window cover.

There was one of these for sale on Facebook recently for £60

Did you go for one of these? We have a just-turned-one year old who definitely needs to be caged at all times and does gymnastics in his sleep. I liked the look of this for the side nets. Is the foam base decent enough? I’m also looking at the more substantial foam beds and thinking about how to attach my own net sides, but that means getting the sewing machine out... would you say this one works well? TIA xx

Yes I did get one and it’s very good quality, I’m very happy with it. I will take some pictures for you and send them over at some point over the weekend.

That would be fab. Thank you! Our van is being converted for us to order so we have to wait 12 weeks to get it and I’m too excited! What do you do for curtains? I’m looking at thermal windscreen covers but the warmer looking ones fit on the interior. Will our little creature be able to pull them off? The externally fitted ones look more like a frost cover rather than being all quilted and squishy. Any advice or expertise you can offer would be great.

Watching with interest but our twin seat is on a swivel so notably higher than the driver's seat, so not sure it would work for us.

Watching with interest but our twin seat is on a swivel so notably higher than the driver's seat, so not sure it would work for us.
I’ll be in the same boat with. Swivel soon so have Ben looking at these

The S&S beds (and all the similar clones) are not safe with captains seats. They all say they are only to be used with a bench seat 2+1 setup.

The best option i found for my 2yo in my 1+1 config T6 was a cabbunk: Cabbunk

I modded it to add fabric +net sides to avoid worrying about the night time flips and then fitted the locating hooks permanently to the B pillars with rivnuts and some steel brackets so i dont need to carry the extension posts around.

Works great and packs up small.

Stitches and steel front bunk arrived today... but no instructions and I can’t work it out! No reply from S+S thus far. Could someone enlighten me as to how to hang it? Thanks!

We've got the S+S front bunk, we've paired it with a vango trek 3 compact to increase the padding and comfort as it going on to 2 captains chairs, our swivel table top is the perfect size to fit the gap between them so the extra padding should take out the height difference. Will be testing as soon as we're allowed out :thumbsup:

The S&S beds (and all the similar clones) are not safe with captains seats. They all say they are only to be used with a bench seat 2+1 setup.

The best option i found for my 2yo in my 1+1 config T6 was a cabbunk: Cabbunk

I modded it to add fabric +net sides to avoid worrying about the night time flips and then fitted the locating hooks permanently to the B pillars with rivnuts and some steel brackets so i dont need to carry the extension posts around.

Works great and packs up small.

Hello! I know this is an old post but do you still have this or any pics? I’m interested in the modifications you made as I want to do something similar…

Back