Buying Advice

Stewood

Hi just new to site I was looking for some advice. I am looking at buying A T6 high line camper conversion it is a 2016 and has done 120000 miles is there anything I should be looking out for , any advice would be much appreciated

A full service, and well documented history, would be top of my list - Mileage isn't an issue if properly looked after. Get full details of the conversion, and photos during to get an idea of the quality of the conversion helps. And take it on at least a 1/2 hour start drive, starting from cold .

Any concerns, just walk away there are lots out there

Cheers done a bit of research on the conversion side just a bit worried about mileage , seller has full vw service history so sounds ok

You can always pay a garage to give it a full once over - well worth the money. Or get an AA check - anything they find can be used as leverage on the price. If they don’t find a thing then you have a decent van. Get a code read done as well.

At that sort of mileage a clutch may be needed, if not already done. Reversing up a hill puts a real test on the condition of a clutch.

Thanks for the advice it’s under warranty till February but don’t know if that would cover clutch cam belt etc

At that mileage it would be unlikely a clutch would be covered. Normally under warranty conditions cam belts are covered if changed at the manufacturers schedule, or if the vehicle is under the mileage for a change if it snapped. I’d like to think this van has had a cambelt change already - they are 4 years /120k miles for a change.

Some cracking advice there @BognorMotors that has the added thump of Oli being a Trade member in the exact field @Stewood is enquiring about.

We can all give out advice and take 2nd guesses at things, but to see a busy trade member taking the time to help another member with a potential purchase of something that trade member can actually provide themselves is really admirable in my opinion.
A guy that shares my exact business ethos, and one that pays dividends in the future as we both know too well, and proves that not all Trade members are here to actually 'Trade' as is becoming the norm in so many other forums.

Back