Bodywork - Van Side Protection?

tintim

120,000 miles and still going
T6 Pro
Interested to know if anyone use any form of side protection for their van?

Came across this and they also provide colour coding options.
Volkswagen Transporter Side Protection Mouldings

The colour coding isn't cheap at an extra £125 on top of £55 for the molding.

Can think of several pro's and cons but after having a couple of dings in car parks I'm starting to seriously consider this option.

For what it's worth Bilbo's fit them to all their conversions exactly because of the dreaded car park 'dings'.

They're converting my new van at the moment and I am probably getting the lower half wrapped and will enquire as to whether these strips (which Bilbo's are supplying loose) can be wrapped to match as I personally think they do tend to look a little dated, harking back to black plastic bumper days particularly as everything's coloured coded now.

For what it's worth Bilbo's fit them to all their conversions exactly because of the dreaded car park 'dings'.

They're converting my new van at the moment and I am probably getting the lower half wrapped and will enquire as to whether these strips (which Bilbo's are supplying loose) can be wrapped to match as I personally think they do tend to look a little dated, harking back to black plastic bumper days particularly as everything's coloured coded now.
I have a Bilbo (actually it’s my second) and the black bumpers look ok on my Bamboo Garden.
Nice bunch of people and I am sure you will be pleased with the camper, after sales service (should you need it) from James is fantastic!

Hi Nigel, I've been impressed with them so far and have met James on two occasions, very nice guy.
Probably the darker colours are better, my van's silver although will probably wrap the lower half similar to Acapulco Blue so that might help.
Luckily a good mate of mine is good at photoshop so can I get before and after comparison images.

From past experience on cars, the plastic protection trim can be easier to damage, and often cost more to replace, than having scratched paintwork made good.

Back