Blackvue 750S External rear camera

Ethan Andrews

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Finally got my Blackvue HGV external camera that has been in order since the beginning of lockdown from Korea. So I have the 750S HGV rear facing and an 900S forward facing. I also have a 750S Taxi front internal and invisible IR forward facing mounted at the back of the van. The HGV external also has invisible IR Leds. So it’s a very covert set up in parking mode. And linked to the cloud through a Mifi router will hopefully give me some peace of mind when parked.

Blackvue technical whilst helpful in the UK. They were not as helpful as Blackvue in Korea who seem to have someone techie available to reply 24hrs a day.

Blackvue UK and there are several resellers. But I went to the official UK supplier. Their techie guy stated it would not be possible to retrofit an HGV camera unless I wanted the long 40ft cable with it.

Blackvue Korea sent me a photo of the device and informed me it has an SMA connector on it. It was therefore an easy fix using and SMA connector from RF Solutions in Sussex. RS components sell them too. But RF Solutions are both cheaper and have a really handy online tool for allowing you to marry up different connectors.

I have sprayed the black camera my VW colour. So it’s less evasive.

I am working on the idea I may be able to split the signal and give the camera a dual role as a reversing camera. I am currently using a Pioneer ND-BC8. But I don’t really want two cameras in situ. So the Pioneer is hidden under the bumper. It gives a reasonable field of view but was better higher.

96271B1E-E043-41F4-9EDF-3476FC6A7869.jpeg

33E39BC5-E8BE-40E3-8706-1E36F1757A90.png

Back