Black Rhino Warlord 17" or 18" ?

bttb

Garry
T6 Pro
main.jpgBlack Rhino Warlord - After some expert advice please from the Forum Gurus

I have a T6.1 4Motion T32 Kombi - and looking Black Rhino Warlord

Please be aware I'm looking at changing out the factory suspension for KWv1 - so I can drop the ride at least 35mm as the std wheel arch gap is massive and I don't carry anything more that 100kg in the rear or tow anything so need to reduce the gap ;0)

But stuck between wheelsets

a) 17" rims (8x17 ,5x120, ET35) paired with BFGs 235/65 x17

OR

b) 18" Rims ( 8.5X18 , 5x120 ,ET35)- shod with BFGs 255/55x18

Which one's do you think would best fit my T6.1 4M (T32) , as and when the KW1v are fitted

Any advise welcomed before I pull the trigger

Thanks in Advance

Garry

If you were fully laden a lot with a full camper conversion then the 17" may be a little more practical but personally I would go with the 18 - they will look a lot better.

If you were fully laden a lot with a full camper conversion then the 17" may be a little more practical but personally I would go with the 18 - they will look a lot better.
Thanks for your reply, do you think the 255/55x18 would catch / rub the arches ?

If going 18 and lowering you will need to go for a 235/55/18. The 255 will be too big.
Personally I prefer the 17” lowered swamper loook with spacers, and I would go for a 225/65/17.

If going 18 and lowering you will need to go for a 235/55/18. The 255 will be too big.
Personally I prefer the 17” lowered swamper loook with spacers, and I would go for a 225/65/17.
Thanks for info on the 235/55/18 , I glad I asked the forum as I don't want to make a costly school boy error....

Thanks Again

Garry

Thanks for info on the 235/55/18 , I glad I asked the forum as I don't want to make a costly school boy error....

Thanks Again

Garry
@BognorMotors -

Hi Oli - OK I've decided on BFG 225/65/17 - what size spacers would you suggest for front & rear

Thanks

Gurus - I've used willtheyfit.com to double check the 17" x 8" Rhino Warlords and it seems to indicate the POKE will increase by approx 34mm - compared to std Devonports 17" x 7"

Could these Rhino's with BFGs 225/65/17 actually foul my rear sliding doors ?

1627664337283.png

Thanks in advance

Garry

Oli - OK picked up my new 17" Warlords with BFGs 225/65/17 - running 48psi (Front) 44psi (rear)

Still on standard T32 4M suspension , and getting a lot of tyre noise from the rear when above 30mph - so plan to sound deaden the rear arches this weekend in a bid to reduce road noise.

Do you think I need to drop my tyre pressues any as the T6.1 on carries 2 people and bikes in total 300kg max.

Thanks

Garry20210817_163701.jpg

Oli - OK picked up my new 17" Warlords with BFGs 225/65/17 - running 48psi (Front) 44psi (rear)

Still on standard T32 4M suspension , and getting a lot of tyre noise from the rear when above 30mph - so plan to sound deaden the rear arches this weekend in a bid to reduce road noise.

Do you think I need to drop my tyre pressues any as the T6.1 on carries 2 people and bikes in total 300kg max.

Thanks

GarryView attachment 127764
Looks nice with those wheels! Are you getting tyre noise because of the chunky tyres or because you don't have sound deadening and are you enjoying the ride overall? I currently run 20" wheels lowered on KW coilovers but considering going down the lowered swamper route in order to help with the dodgy roads around where I live!

They're bound to be noisier than a standard road tyre, it goes with having that blocky bold tread pattern.

1632163150469.png
74db is noisy compared with most tyres, my M+S rated tyres are 69db, most tyres are less than 72.

I've sound proofed internally with 2 x 2mm dodo and dodo 10mm deadening and insulated with 35mm roll.

Then externally I've 2mm Dodo SP and 10mm Dodo SD all 4 wheel arches.

This has reduced the rolling noise somewhat.

I've been playing around with tyre pressures and think I have it the best yet with 52psi Front and 44psi in the rears.

This seems to give me the best ride on the roads I use as it seems the less psi the more the tread is pressed into the road surface and with that actually increases the road noise.

Today I finished replacing the OEM panels with 3.6mm ply and carpeted them, not really drove it as yet.

But will update you once I've taken it for a run.

I've sound proofed internally with 2 x 2mm dodo and dodo 10mm deadening and insulated with 35mm roll.

Then externally I've 2mm Dodo SP and 10mm Dodo SD all 4 wheel arches.

This has reduced the rolling noise somewhat.

I've been playing around with tyre pressures and think I have it the best yet with 52psi Front and 44psi in the rears.

This seems to give me the best ride on the roads I use as it seems the less psi the more the tread is pressed into the road surface and with that actually increases the road noise.

Today I finished replacing the OEM panels with 3.6mm ply and carpeted them, not really drove it as yet.

But will update you once I've taken it for a run.
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. Sounds like you've done lots of work towards sound deadening. Good work!

I'm guessing IF I ever decided to go for a more tarmac specific tyre then fingers crossed it'll be uber quiet ;)

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. Sounds like you've done lots of work towards sound deadening. Good work!
Quick update now I've taken it for a spin after the new ply carpeted panels.

Its made the tyre noise more bearable, so I'm happy with the work I've done using support from the T6 forum members.:mexican wave:

And a big thanks to @Arrow and @BigDean who also rock BFGs :thumbsup: as their advice really has helped me with getting the BFGs rolling as quiet as possible.

Back