Where do you buy your numberplates from?

Shredder

It's a Beast
T6 Guru
I've used about 3 different custom plate producers over the years on various of my cars for various reasons and I've looked at many others.

Whilst now in customisation mode of my new Kombi, I found a new company that far outperforms any others I have seen/used. I'm pretty excited about the doors it opens to your own signature approach.

They do have an online custom plate designer, which of itself is the most comprehensive I've seen, but on top of that, you can actually contact them directly for totally custom requests with your own logo requirements etc. I sent them a personal Mountain Biking favourite today :cool:

After all the help I've had on here, just wanted to share this cool little 'secret' with the gang : Show Plates

Lots of other customers stuff to look at on Insta : [pro]plates (@proplates) • Instagram photos and videos

Loads on ebay but most look either cheap rip offs or jus plain nasty.

Who do you recommend going to for nice quality plates, legal too.

I like the raised type (gel?) or carbon.

cheers

Last edited:
I've bought myself a private plate and now need to actually order one. I was going to get one from Number1Plates but their website has been down for ages now. Does anyone have any recommendations for a high quality number plate company? Don't want any 3D or gel. Just one which wont look pap next year with nice small company logo/address.

Cheers, Tom

I use platesforcars . I've got one pair that must be 5 years old and still looks like new.

Mine don't have any company name or postcode, just a tiny BS number in the bottom corner.

They are based in Ireland, so you don't need to send them any docs.

I was very pleased with the 4D fully legal plates I got from www.aplates.co.uk (all completed online) and they supplied mine shortened for 6 digits..

Last edited:
I use platesforcars . I've got one pair that must be 5 years old and still looks like new.

Mine don't have any company name or postcode, just a tiny BS number in the bottom corner.

They are based in Ireland, so you don't need to send them any docs.
I thought plates legally had to have the postcode of who supplied them?

You calling me chavvy? :cautious:
just clean and clear and legal… 4D from A plates
From that picture, the number plate looks fairly normal apart from the obvious resizing of the overall plate which I've considered doing for my own plate as it only has 5 digits and there's lots of spare room on the standard size. It's when you get close to them and see the distinctive sides to the letters, usually in a different colour, I just think they look cheap (despite the huge amount people pay for them) and best left for teenagers to pimp up their Vauxhall Corsas..........hence the chavvy comment.

From that picture, the number plate looks fairly normal apart from the obvious resizing of the overall plate which I've considered doing for my own plate as it only has 5 digits and there's lots of spare room on the standard size. It's when you get close to them and see the distinctive sides to the letters, usually in a different colour, I just think they look cheap (despite the huge amount people pay for them) and best left for teenagers to pimp up their Vauxhall Corsas..........hence the chavvy comment.
Mine are all black and legal.

Hi All,

I work offshore on a 3/3 rota, when I am at home I make number plates as a little sideline. It’s all above board I am registered with the DVLA and all plates are fully legal.

I can do 3d acrylic, gel domed and 4d domed.
3d 3mm gloss acrylic £25 a pair

EDIT: If you’re interested, see my dedicated thread:

Hi All,

First off if this post isn’t allowed please delete and I apologise.

I work offshore on a 3/3 rota, when I am at home I make number plates as a little sideline. It’s all above board I am registered with the DVLA and all plates are fully legal.

I can do 3d acrylic, gel domed and 4d domed. See pictures below.

View attachment 211552View attachment 211553View attachment 211554View attachment 211555
Like I say, please delete if this isn’t allowed.

Cheers

Lee
Are you able to made Show plates, obviously not to be used on a van on the road

Back