Best 18" tyres???

vwski

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi everyone,
Just wondering what the best tyres are for my incoming T6.1 T32 Kombi? Price, dB rating etc... I will try and get them as an alloy and tyre package if possible.
I'll be fitting 18's when my van arrives as I want a better / quieter ride.
Thanks in advance! :)

It's a huge subject, I can tell you what I think of my tyres, but I usually get 3 years out of a set of tyres so my experience is limited, as is everybody else's for the same reason. I'm happy with my Nokian Weatherproof 235/55/18 104, but I'd never suggest that they're the best because I haven't tried all of the other brands.
I don't focus too much on price, I like a tyre that's good in a variety of conditions and grade "A" for wet braking. That rules out a lot of the cheaper tyres and some expensive ones, but wet braking performance can be the difference between a serious accident and a near miss. Cheap tyres can be expensive if they don't stop you in time.
On a T32 you will have less choice of tyres than some as I think you need a 103 or more load rated tyre.

What you using the van for bud?
I live very rural and the roads are rutted at best. I drive off road and we suffer snow in the winter.
I run general Grabber AT3s 235/60 or 235/55 and they suit me. Both are load rated.

What you using the van for bud?
I live very rural and the roads are rutted at best. I drive off road and we suffer snow in the winter.
I run general Grabber AT3s 235/60 or 235/55 and they suit me. Both are load rated.
Hi there.
it will be an everyday van getting me to and from work mainly. Not really much load in the back either. I live and drive around country roads quite a lot and in winter some of them are quite difficult to tackle unless winter tyres are fitted. Not heard of any of those tyres above. What is the load rating for a T32 tyre and is this info easy to find when selecting tyres? I’m currently looking for suitable 18” alloys so maybe I can get everything together as a package deal. Thanks for your help!

Wheelbase are offering discounts on wheel / tyre packages - I've replaced the Devonports on my T6.1 T32 with a set of 18 inch OE Sportline 2's with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 255/45 103's - 103 is minimum rating required on the T32 .

After testing a few different ones, my favorites are GoodYear 255/45/18 (quietest)

I’m running 255/45 18 103 Falkens on my T32 very quiet and quite comfy.

Last edited:
Falken Azenis 255/45/18's are on my T32. They were on it when I bought the van about 2-3mnths ago.

They seem like a good tyre. This whole tyre experience can get a bit much! I’ve tried so many. I reckon “will they fit” will start charging me membership soon

Back